I was 32w6d when they were born after my water broke. It was very controversial but I had a vaginal birth -scary & amazing at the same time. Audrey was 4lb2oz, Sophia the same & Nina was 3lb5oz. Nina is the smallest but she is such a little spitfire! All three spent 27 days in the NICU. It was really hard at the time, hard to go there every day when I should have been at home resting & recovering from such a hard pregnancy. Hard to not have my whole family together. But in hindsight the NICU time was good - I really wasn't ready to care for them around the clock right from day one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pregnant and Scared Last post on Today at 2:59 pm in I'm Pregnant
- How old were you when you had your first baby? Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Birth and Beyond
- I'm Refusing All U/S.. Last post on 5/9/13 at 5:09am in I'm Pregnant
- Everything smells rotten and disgusting Last post on 5/7/13 at 11:08am in I'm Pregnant
- Just Got Chewed Out During my Appt... And Walked Out Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:08am in I'm Pregnant
Join a Due Date Club!
Edited on 5/3/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
- New Mama Survival Guide: Simple Tips for Going NaturalEdited on 11/15/12
- Let the Baby Decide: The Case Against Inducing LaborEdited on 3/18/13
- Guest Blogger Jenna Hull on The "Due Date" ThingEdited on 4/7/13
IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 43post #841 of 22433/22/12 at 7:45pmpost #842 of 22433/23/12 at 2:53am
Keria, it's tough to miss that i'm pregnant ;o) but yeah, I have two contingents at work...one group that is really worried about me and the other group of people who are worried but realize they need to have the work done so... Sigh. I ended up with a massive headache yesterday and had to leave work on time so it was nice to come home and just veg. Of course, i ended up having horrific insomnia so I didn't get much sleep at all. but I have a visit with the doctor today. My 1 hour gd test that will hopefully go well and then hopefully, I'll be able to see the little ones again. It'll be the first appointment where my DH won't be there :o(
Lyndi, she's gorgeous!!! i can't wait to see more photos. I hope you feel progressively better in the next few days!
Deborah, my heart still aches for you. I opened this thread first and saw Tenzi's post and honestly, thought that Tenzi got it wrong because I didn't want to believe it. Then I went to the other threads and my heart just broke. Again, I'm so sorry.
Leslie, thank you for sharing your story! It's inspiring.post #843 of 22433/23/12 at 5:58am
I wish I had more time to write, but I am half out the door to work, and I hear my mom in the driveway.
Deborah, I have not had a chance to stop by the other threads, but my heart is absolutely broken for you right now. I am so unbelievably sorry. I wish there was something more I could do to help. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.post #844 of 22433/23/12 at 6:01am
Renavoo, sorry you had to leave work "early" at normal time :) I hope your GD test goes well today, please keep us posted!
Leslie, welcome!!! I have read a little bit about/from you on the multiples forum, but it is nice to "officially" meet you!
Lyndi, wow!!! She is beautiful! Hope you are getting some rest and the breastfeeding picks up soon!
Blue, thanks for always thinking about us :) I know I am often thinking about you!
Kewpie/Keira, hi ladies!post #845 of 22433/23/12 at 6:23am
Deborah - I just saw your news on the other side. I am so sorry. I am heartbroken for you and your DH.
Leslie - I have stalked you before to hear about the birth. Amazing!
Lyndi - Congrats! What a beautiful baby!
Everybody else - Hi! I haven't been keeping up with this side too much. Work has been crisis after crisis, and I am trying to stay out of it all, so I have been sneaking out to work from home more and more to avoid it all. So glad that I am lucky enough to be able to do that.post #846 of 22433/23/12 at 10:00amThread Starter
deborah THinking of you and your family today.
Lyndi she is beautiful congrats! My twins were born at 36w2d also
Rena I hope you get to see your little ones and hopefully things will slow down at work I can't imagine workig that hard while being so pregnant.
Bely how are you? .how are your girlies doing.
rcr Hi fiingers crosssed for this cycle.
Edited by Keria - 3/23/12 at 10:11ampost #847 of 22433/23/12 at 3:12pm
Keria, I hope things slow down soon too because i have to say, I'm exhausted! But i did take the day off today so that was nice. I went to the doctor's office this morning and got the glucose tolerance test done and should find out on Monday (although they say that if they don't call me, then I am fine.) it's awful because I'm already trying to plan what I'm going to do when I find out I have to do the 3 hour test (work wise). sigh. So much for optimism. haha.
I'm missing my DH. I wish he was here. I find that i sleep better with him near me. Yesterday, I got like 2 hours of sleep in. I just kept waking up. It was really annoying. I'm going to go out to dinner tonight with a friend and then tomorrow, my mom is going to be coming over and spending the night with me to keep me company. Sunday, we're going to be babysitting my nephew so i'm ultra excited about that. Next week is bound to be another crazy week at work but i'm looking forward to the weekend at least. And then DH comes home on Friday! I just hope that i don't have to work during next weekend. argh. DH was cute though...he hid little notes around the apartment just to say that he missed me and to cheer me up.
Rcr, how are you doing??? How are you responding to the stims? I can't wait to hear the report from your US. Keep us updated. i must go to the other threads to see whether you've posted anything. And keep hiding...no good comes from crises in the office.
Belly and Blue, updates please! Although Blue, I'll go find you on the other threads too. Have you set up your next transfer?
Deborah, just hoping things are going smoothly where you are. Big hugs...
Blue, I know you'repost #848 of 22433/23/12 at 3:39pmpost #849 of 22433/23/12 at 4:37pmdeborah, thinking of you today. I hope you're surrounded by loving, supportive people today.
lesliesara, it's great to see you! I'm glad you're doing well, and no wonder it's sometimes really hard! Being a parent is hard work, and you have THREE! I've never had so much responsibility and challenge, but it's so totally worth it and I've never felt so complete like I do with my little family. Ok, I'm babbling. I'm glad you joined!
lyndi, congrats! Beautiful!post #850 of 22433/24/12 at 9:07ampost #851 of 22433/24/12 at 9:43ampost #852 of 22433/24/12 at 12:52pmpost #853 of 22433/24/12 at 5:57pm
Renavoo - Love the pic!!! You look beautiful and have that great pregnancy glow for sure!!!!! Super cute!!! Hope you have a good weekend w/ you Mom and that DH gets home soon!! Do you both have iPhones? When DH is away or I'm away we always have facetime dates on our phones or iPad. It is kinda fun and helps me get through my week w/o seeing him in person!!!!
We need some more belly pics on here ladies!!! Show off those bumps and be proud!!!!!!post #854 of 22433/24/12 at 9:06pmpost #855 of 22433/25/12 at 2:27am
HI ladies! Thanks :o) haha Kewpie, I'm using you and Keria as my standards which is why I know I have so much growth left. haha :oD Actually my fundus is only 26in which had me a little worried because I thought I would be larger with twins. They said because i'm tall the fundus measurement is fine. I can't wait until 2 weeks from Monday when I go in for my next ultrasound. I didn't get one this last time :o( sniff.
Tenzi, how are you doing? are you feeling better?
Blue, yah to AF and getting started again! I know it has to be so exhausting to keep doing this but I just can't shake the hope that you're going to be holding your beautiful baby soon. And yes, my DH and I FaceTime each other. :oD Technology is a wonderful thing!
Praying, how are you feeling?
Everyone else,post #856 of 22433/25/12 at 8:42am
Renavoo: Thanks for asking about me. I just put a big post on the other board. I am still not real comfortable on this board I still feel like somehow, this is all going to go away. I am feeling okay. I am on so much progesterone, it is hard to tell if anything I am feeling is from the pregnancy, or just the meds. I am extremely tired, and getting lots of headaches. Seem hungrier than normal, but that is probably the drugs too. I am just so happy, but I am sooo afraid that something is going to happen to take this all away. It does not seem real yet. Can't wait for my appointment tomorrow for a little reassurance. Praying my beta is going up as it should and that my lining has improved. Would love to see a heartbeat, but I am pretty sure it will be too soon. I did not see that with DS until after 6 weeks. Maybe I will see the sac and fetal pole. I'll take what I can get.
Hi to everyone else!!!post #857 of 22433/25/12 at 10:51am
Renavoo - That is a beautiful baby bump! And just for the record you don't look big/fat at all. You just look adorably pregnant. With my DS I just got wide...my belly didn't go out front so much. (O.k....I'll admit. I just put on so much weigh it showed up all over!) ;) --Anyway, try to enjoy the baby belly.post #858 of 22433/25/12 at 9:18pm
Thank you all. I shared my experience on the March One Thread grads section, but can't bear to write it again right now, so if you would like to read a little bit about it, that's the place to look.post #859 of 22433/26/12 at 2:39am
Deborah, I'm so glad that you got to hold your babies and that the hospital was so good at taking care of you. I hope that the fever is completely gone. My thoughts continue to be with you and DH.
Praying, I'll stalk you on the other thread. I'm with you about not feeling comfortable with the pregnancy yet. After so long trying, it definitely takes a while to feel like it is real!
Wissa, can't' wait to see your more recent baby bump photos too!!
- IVF Graduates thread!!
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean Rate
- › Who will be at your birth? 55 seconds ago
- › Belly bump thread-1st Trimester 1 minute ago
- › 40 week roll call! 2 minutes ago
- › Breast pump covered by insurance 2 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 3 minutes ago
- › the bf thread 5 minutes ago
- › Worcester, MA: Home child care that is cloth diaper friendly? 7 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 8 minutes ago
- › First Trimester Blues? 8 minutes ago
- › Not a mother but... 11 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo