or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thrift Score! - Page 2

post #21 of 257
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfishkate View Post

A thrift store by my house has tag sales where certain colors are 75% off or 50% off.  I recently found a brand new Gap pea coat marked $28 but on sale for $7! It's beautiful and warm, and I needed a new coat for winter. Yay! I love thrift stores.


That is a killer deal!

 

post #22 of 257

Thrift scores-

 

Snow pants for dd, in great condition $2

 

Glass jar, silver candle holder, and silver basket for decorating -2

 

Skirt for dd- 2.00 it is adorable, black, red and yellow check with a bow

 

3 new hats 2.00

 

Magazine holders- 4-1.00

 

Bulletin board- New 1.00

 

Construction Paper 2 packs 1.00

 

Kids Books- 5 for 1.00

 

Gift for DD, "vet" bag, and "vet" coat 3.00

post #23 of 257

I so wish I could do this.  I just seriously dislike shopping so much I can't make myself look through the racks.

post #24 of 257
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

I so wish I could do this.  I just seriously dislike shopping so much I can't make myself look through the racks.


I will admit that digging through the clothing really tries my patience most of the time. Though I hate clothing shopping to begin with. But the rest of it is just like a treasure hunt to me. We do NOT do Black Friday shopping at all ever, but I am thinking of popping over to the thrift store this year. Definitely a different monster than shopping BF at the big boxes, and I don't see any other day I'll have free soon. I'm hoping to score a set of 4-6 plain matching highballs so I can make my husband a set of etched beer glasses - either a Viking helmet or long boat; which ever masking tape stencil looks better. If they both come out awful, I'll etch "skal". But I digress... 

 

post #25 of 257


What thrift stores do you go to?  I'm in SA too, but I can't find any good ones around here. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post

we got a looks like new bread maker and a ton of books for free this weekend... kept some books, and got $20 for the rest at half price books smile.gif


 

post #26 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

I so wish I could do this.  I just seriously dislike shopping so much I can't make myself look through the racks.

It is a bit of a nightmare and the first few times I tried thrift shopping it was really tough for me, too much disorganization & I was on visual overload! But after finding several good deals it gets really addicting. I don't usually go through the clothes, that just pushes my limits way too much and I don't generally buy clothes anyway because it's not in my budget. I stick to mostly toys, housewares, and shoes. The other day I got a cute pair of Bogs boots for $10 (they sell from $80-100+) -- I really needed some kind of waterproof boot for playing with DS in the rain & snow, and these are perfect!
post #27 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post



What thrift stores do you go to?  I'm in SA too, but I can't find any good ones around here. 

 



there is a thrift town on nacogdoches and thousand oaks that is decent, and i regularly get $5 off of $15 coupons in the mail.i think they have a few locations. last time i went he ended up with like 7 pairs of pants, a couple of shorts and shirts, a toy and wool harley motorcycle hat for $11 and some change after the coupon. i havent really looked in depth at the other stuff though, ive mostly been in there for kids stuff. im a plus sized girl, and it drives me insane to look for clothes for me at a thrift store, especially a 4 year old tagging along, lol.

there is also that huge one off of 35, near walzem, that we've been to a few times.

i dont have time to go as often as i used to though, in high school and before baby, scrounging thrift stores was one of my favorite pass times smile.gif
post #28 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post


What thrift stores do you go to?  I'm in SA too, but I can't find any good ones around here. 
 



 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post


there is a thrift town on nacogdoches and thousand oaks that is decent, and i regularly get $5 off of $15 coupons in the mail.i think they have a few locations. last time i went he ended up with like 7 pairs of pants, a couple of shorts and shirts, a toy and wool harley motorcycle hat for $11 and some change after the coupon. i havent really looked in depth at the other stuff though, ive mostly been in there for kids stuff. im a plus sized girl, and it drives me insane to look for clothes for me at a thrift store, especially a 4 year old tagging along, lol.
there is also that huge one off of 35, near walzem, that we've been to a few times.
i dont have time to go as often as i used to though, in high school and before baby, scrounging thrift stores was one of my favorite pass times smile.gif


Add me to the SA thrift shoppers list - I live 2 blocks from the one you mentioned on 35. Go there all the time and it is my FAV store - BTW Black Friday they are doing half off everything. There are plus sections if you know where to look - tricky but they are there. 

post #29 of 257

Alright, I'll be checking these places out.  Crossing my fingers and I'll make sure I know my exits!

post #30 of 257

Ours had a nice black friday sale today.  Opened at regular hours, too, so I popped in with my kids at 9 am. :)

 

Got a garbage bag full of good quality clothing in great condition (some new with tags) for $25.  That includes 3 pairs of boy jeans, 1 pr boy khakis, a christmas plaid shirt for one of my boys, a maternity shirt, a fantastic postpartum dress that has a crossover front I can use for nursing, 2 shirts for me for after baby comes, CP socks, a CP tie, brand new baby girl outfit, another girl outfit.  The tie alone (from Children's Place) was originally $7.49, marked down to $5.99 on the store tag, and then .49c is what I got it for. :)  The new baby outfit didn't have the price on the tag, but I know it was more than the $1.50 I got it for. :)

post #31 of 257
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post

Ours had a nice black friday sale today.  Opened at regular hours, too, so I popped in with my kids at 9 am. :)

 

Got a garbage bag full of good quality clothing in great condition (some new with tags) for $25.  That includes 3 pairs of boy jeans, 1 pr boy khakis, a christmas plaid shirt for one of my boys, a maternity shirt, a fantastic postpartum dress that has a crossover front I can use for nursing, 2 shirts for me for after baby comes, CP socks, a CP tie, brand new baby girl outfit, another girl outfit.  The tie alone (from Children's Place) was originally $7.49, marked down to $5.99 on the store tag, and then .49c is what I got it for. :)  The new baby outfit didn't have the price on the tag, but I know it was more than the $1.50 I got it for. :)


Awesome score! We don't do BF at all but I kind of wanted to go by the thrift store today, just to see if I could find anything good. But alas, my body is currently deciding if it's going to have another case of mastitis, so I'm at home taking it easy trying to head it off at the pass. :-( 

 

post #32 of 257

Ouch kitchenqueen!  Hope you heal quickly.  Mastitis is no joke!  I had it and the I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics!  Of course I had never had an antibiotic before.  Mom didn't believe in any medication growing up!  You should have seen me the first time I had tylenol! 

 

We're on our way to a thrift store as a family DH wants to make soap and we need a used pot!  Fingers crossed.  With my family in tow it might not be so bad! 

post #33 of 257
Thread Starter 

Thanks! That must've been rough having it and then having problems with the antibiotics too! Mastitis is the most awful thing ever. I'm pumping like crazy, hydrating, taking tylenol for a low fever and forcing myself to stay in bed. Cross your fingers I can get it under control before it gets worse.

 

Good luck at the thrift store. I wish you excellent shopping karma so you can find the best soap making pot out there! :-) 

post #34 of 257

Thanks!  We're gearing up!

 

 

post #35 of 257

Back from my BF run at our thrift, posting my haul. I had intended to get there at 7am when they opened early, but I overslept and got there around 9:30 instead. 

 

I got:

 

4 tops for me {plus size too!}

2 beach coverups I will use for summer scarves

1 5t sleeper PJ for DD

1 size 6 Land's End Dress for DD

1 Size 8 Brownie Girl Scout uniform shirt 

9 videos

2 adult books

16 kids books

1 heavy duty plastic shelf unit for DD's room

 

all for $35

 

I love Texas Thrift!

post #36 of 257

Huge block of candle wax... 2.99 at Hobby Lobby 19.99!

A pot for 1.99, will be used for soap and candles

Bread maker, 5.99.  Hope it works!  Trying it out tonight, returning it tomorrow if it doesn't work!

 

I have dried out patchouli flowers and basil flowers for my soap!

 

Ok so I'm not going to say how much we spent at Hobby Lobby... only cause DH was with me and he loves that stuff!  Lets just say we hit up the 50% off sale...

post #37 of 257

I may be addicted!

post #38 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post






Add me to the SA thrift shoppers list - I live 2 blocks from the one you mentioned on 35. Go there all the time and it is my FAV store - BTW Black Friday they are doing half off everything. There are plus sections if you know where to look - tricky but they are there. 

i used to live over that way, off of walzem and eisenhower. ds calls that one "old navy" cuz my sister bought him an old navy shirt from there, lol.
post #39 of 257
Thread Starter 

I'm reviving this thread because I got some killer deals today at Goodwill - 

 

- Sesame Street vacuum cleaner - 50 cents. 

- Little People barn silo - 50 cents (to go with the barn we got Little Man for Christmas at the Goodwill for $3)

- A different Little People barn than the one we already have - 50 cents

- Bilingual English/French book - $2.00

- Banana Republic slacks - $4.00 (they retail for close to $100!)

- 8 tops from Banana Republic, Gap, New York & Co., Ann Taylor Loft, Abercrombie, etc. for $40 (probably around $300 retail)

- Brand new grey handbag for $4.00

- 2 brand new packages of thick work socks for my husband - $2.00

 

Plus I also found six long sleeve graphic tshirts and a pair of fleece-lined pants for Little Man on clearance at Old Navy for about $20.00.

 

Great scores!

post #40 of 257
I went to my Goodwill bins today and got ...


2 t-shirts for my teen

1 pair of pants for me

1 cute baby blanket to be added to gift basket for a friend

Some stationary paper i liked

a cute beaded purse for the other teen

Price tag?

5 dollars and fifty cents!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Frugality & Finances