FIN #9, TX
Please contact OkiMom if you have things for this family.
What is your family situation?
Im a single mom who is working and going to school. I was hoping to have my financial aid money bail me out this year (im getting a loan for the first time), but due to one issue after another with the school, I’m still waiting, and buried in payday loans because of it. My son just turned 4, and is a wonderful boy. My mom moved in with us about a year ago, and I’m supporting her as well.
Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) no
Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Religious christmas
Please list up to 2 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. (If you are requesting gift cards, please specify local or online stores that, if money is available, gift cards can be provided that you can conveniently use.)
Of the items requested below, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family (this can not include direct financial help such as bills paid):
* clothes for all of us
* grocery gift cards
* something fun for the family
Age and gender: 4yo male
1. age appropriate toys and/or books: he likes knights and pirates and super heroes, dress up, legos (we have duplos), cars and trains, and puzzles (24-48 piece jigsaw). He'd also love a pencil gripper (to help him hold his pencil the right way) and left-handed scissors. Anything to help with writing skills/ pre-reading.
Rainbow Playsilk and Rainbow Crown (from Sarah's Silks)
Llama Llama Misses Mama hardcover book
--Waddle!: A Scanimation Picture Book hardcover book
--Joanie Bartel’s Lullaby Magic
--Mary-Chapin Carpenter: A Place in the World
--Broadway Cares Home for the Holidays with various performers
2. clothes, size 4t or 5 (for shirts)
3 pairs of jeans for the boy 2ss shirts and 2 ls shirts
pair of toddler (11.5) slip on shoes for the 4 yo boy
KnowledgeUnltd will send shirts and educational stuff that would work for a 4yo boy
Adult #1 (YOU! ):
1. clothes, 22/24 bottom, xl or 2x top, I could use a pair of comfy tennis shoes (I work at a daycare, so I’m on my feet all day, and my tennis shoes are about dead) sz 10.5-11 wide
alot of shirts for both women
1 pr of capris
2.i could really use a new bible. I cant find mine, ive been using the one I got ds for his birthday, but I cant take notes in his. I prefer a kjv or nkjv
1. clothes, 14-16 bottom, xl top, she really needs a new pair of shoes sz 8.5
2. something fun- she likes to read, we all do, or some bubble bath or something
3 pairs of pants
Eat, Pray, Love book
Needs for Your Family As A Whole:
1. grocery gift cards (walmart, heb, and sprouts are local, also have commissary access)
grocery card to walmart.
2. something fun for a family game night (we already have the normal preschooler games- candy land, chutes and ladders, etc)
Edited by QueenOfTheMeadow - 12/21/11 at 4:22pm