I am going to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen in November anyway, so I figure I may as well get it sparkling clean and decluttered while I am at it... It'll be ready for holiday baking, too...
Wanna join me???
My DH assisted me in October's front entryway and living room challenge and he suggested the dining room for November. Why? Because we don't have one. He thought he was being clever, but I informed him I would still do the kitchen because that's where our table for dining is...
So....without further ado, here's my ambitious list for November:
1. Shorten the curtains and make ties from the leftover fabric.
2. Wash the slider inside and out.
3. Caulk and touch-up the paint on the slider casing.
4. Wash the awning, let it air-dry, and put it away for winter. I already pulled it in for winter, but I don't recall cleaning it first. We still have warm weather, I just need the sunlight for the edible plants.
5. Clean out the fridge/freezer -- declutter AND scrub it down inside and out. SCARY!
6. Clean the stove and oven(?).
7. Clean the convection oven.
8. Clean the microwave -- inside and out (it is also the range hood and that part is used and needs a cleaning far more than the inside).
9. Research and replace(?) our furnace. (Moved from October's list. Technically, the furnace is in the hallway between the LR and kitchen.)
10. Clean the table and counters. Multiple times...
11. Declutter and organize the pantry. Ugh.
12. Declutter and organize the big lower corner cabinet. Ugh.
13. Declutter and organize all the other cabinets.
14. Use our nice china for Thanksgiving dinner. Inventory our pieces and buy another piece, if appropriate.
15. Touch up the paint on the walls -- every wall in this color (includes kitchen, hallway, living room, laundry room, foyer, stairway, upstairs hallway).
16. Research art for large wall ... or hang up new family art.
If I get through half of the list, I'll be ecstatic!
I'll take "before" pictures in the morning.
Edited by sunnysandiegan - 11/29/11 at 3:05pm