DD is almost 3 - she is very easygoing, agreeable. usually listens well (for a toddler), cuddly, and has had few tantrums.
In the last few weeks, her behavior has changed - she has bursts of anger where she yells and throws things, gets angry and has tantrums easily, and just doesn't listen. She has even hit my arm once or twice (I have never hit her).
There are a few things I think may be going on:
- it's just normal 3 year old behavior and I need to stop worrying about it
- I'm 7 months pg and getting to the point where my body is changing more, my back is hurting, i'm exhausted all the time, i don't have as much patience with her - so I'm wondering if she is already reacting to the new baby
- she has not been sleeping well so maybe she is just chronically overtired
- she started going to a new babysitter in sept - a SAHM mom with 2 boys - I haven't spent much time with her boys so I don't know if she is imitating their behavior and if this is the way they react to frustration. I know she spanks her boys occasionally and I don't know if she every spanks them with DD there. I know she has never hit DD or anything and DD behaves well there so I don't think she has ever had to discipline her yet.
- She has also had bad separation anxiety lately so I wonder if this is one way of acting out her frustrations
- DH has been really stressed and frustrated with his job and borderline depressed - I wonder if she picks up on our stress and this is her way of acting it out.
Any thoughts? Anyone who's been there who can help me handle this new behavior? I really want my sweet little girl back!!