FIN #34, MA
Please contact weliveintheforest if you have things for this family.
What is your family situation?
Our family has been struggling for a while. I am a home birth midwife, but I had to stop taking clients once my daughter was diagnosed with a a rare and degenerative genetic disease. I just couldn't be available to my clients and take care of my daughter. So I am back in school for my RN and eventually CNM, so I can continue to care for women and babies, but hopefully without the crazy schedule of a home birth midwife. We recently moved to Ma for my husband's job, but that meant I had to quit my job in CT (where we used to live). Since I graduate in December, I am kind of stuck without a job for the next few months. In addition, my son has a mental health problem that is necessitating that we move from our condo into a single family home (he has rages that are incredibly disruptive to our neighbors). This is very embarrassing to me. I know this is confidential, but I have hardly told anyone about what is going on with my son. It is just awful. Indescribable.
Anyway. We used up all of our savings to move to Ma, and now we have to come up with a few thousand more to move again. We don't have money for the move, let alone for the holidays. MY husband works more than full time but only make 14/hour. I will have my RN in January, so hopefully things will be better soon.
Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke) none
Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? solstice and secular christmas
Please list up to 2 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. (If you are requesting gift cards, please specify local or online stores that, if money is available, gift cards can be provided that you can conveniently use.)
Of the items requested below, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family (this can not include direct financial help such as bills paid):
Age and gender: 5, female
1. A tag-a-long bike (she cannot ride on her own due to her disease) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I4255G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER and. a seat back to go with the bike (she can't ride without it) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SMS7IC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
And a back rest
2. Another nice thing would be a mirror so I could see her while we were biking. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009R96YK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
3. This is an absolute pipe dream, but eventually we want to get her an ipad to use an adaptive device for school. Her disorder is progressive and she is starting to lose a lot of her fine motor skills, and we were told that an ipad is a great tool for spelling, reading, speech assistance, etc.
Barnes and Noble gift card
Age and gender: almost 8, male
1. Gift certificate to an online book store, like barnes & nobles.
2.Settlers of Catan board game
3. Pipe dream again, but my son is dying to go skiing. I don't know if it is possible to get a gift certificate for a ski pass & rental. Butternut is close to our house.
Adult #1 (YOU! ):
Gender: 28, f
Gender: 31, male
Needs for Your Family As A Whole:
1. Visa gift card- we would love to go out to eat as a family. There are no chain restaurants near us, only small family restaurants so I thought a visa card would be way easier to work out than trying to get a specific gift card.
2. Gift certificate to a bob's furniture or a best buy. We need a couch, a new bed and a computer.
Amazon Gift Card $100 from Hylands.
$100 gift visa gift card
The most important thing is a tagalong for my daughter. She had a great adaptive trike that she can't use anymore, and we love to ride to school and around town (obviously not in the middle of winter!). She hasn't been able to ride her bike since this summer, and she really misses it. The second most important is the gift certificate to a book store for my son. Our local library is lacking some of the books he would like to read.
Thanks for your consideration.
Edited by QueenOfTheMeadow - 12/24/11 at 10:47am