Since you have Veganomicon, make the Chickpea Cutlets! They are really good and a great sub for a meat dish. We make those every year, mashed potatoes, sesame green beans with shallots, and cranberry sauce. I'll type out the green bean recipe if anyone is interested.
I'm going to look at that pumpkin ziti -- I haven't made that yet and it sounds good!
I'd love to get the recipe for your green beans, please!
Here's what we're actually having at my house:
- Sage crock "cheese" with crackers and apple slices
- Stuffed mushrooms with reduced balsamic glaze
- Arugula salad with beets, candied pecans, satsuma mandarins and citrus vinagrette
- Butternut squash baked ziti with carmelized onions and sage breadcrumb topping
- Maple baked lentils
- Roasted brussels-sprouts with apples and onions
- Cranberry-pear sauce
- Chipotle mashed sweet potatoes
- Maple pecan pie
- Homemade maple vanilla bean coconut milk ice cream
Yum!!! Can I come over to your house for Thanksgiving!?
We're not doing anything this year! :( DH will have to get operated shortly before Thanksgiving and since the kids don't really eat any of these kind of dishes (unfortunately!) it'd only be DH and myself this year... I'll still make the Baked ziti dish as well as the lentil loaf though, it sounds super yummy!!!
How do you make the chipotle mashed potatoes, Catnip? Just mash some chipotles into the potatoes?