I'm an exclusive pumper, and mentioned to my OB that my nipples are so sore from pumping so much that I'm really uncomfortable, so she wrote me a prescription for the Newmans (also recommended to me by some folks here).
But the fact sheet that came with it is a little scary - it says to call poison control if ingested! I know the instructions say to use a tiny amount after pumping/nursing and I will be wiping it off and cleaning my nipples before the next pumping session. It also says one of the side effects is a burning sensation. Meh.
I've just used a little bit (after having it for five days and being afraid to use it) and I feel a little bit better. But what do you guys think about those side effects? I'd love to hear from those of you that have experience using it. I know it's got an antibacterial component in it as well - what can I really expect in terms of pain relief from it?