I have posted about this a couple times and now coming back for more. I am just soooo tired and unsure of myself ... are we doing something wrong? I feel like a bit of a failure when it comes to babies/kids and sleep. My 3 year old still has trouble sleeping through the night, ugh!! So, I have 10 week old twin girls and feel like I am sleeping maybe about 4 hours accumulated a night (not enough!). They do sleep a 4-6 hr stretch at the beginning of the night (yay) but then not again the rest of the night (boo). I usually side lie and nurse the one who wakes up first and then have tried a variety of things after the other one wakes up. I have tried rolling back and forth between them but I have one who seems to want to be on the boob all night so that gets tricky. I have tried nursing them together then putting them in the co-sleeper ... one of my girls will sleep pretty well in there but the other not so much. Also it is difficult to transfer them without waking them. I have enlisted my husband's help but then we are both not getting sleep. I have even tried putting my boob loving baby in the swing at night but doesn't seem to work really. They have such different sleep patterns that it feels like I am literally up all night with one or both!! Help!!!
Ok so my questions are ...
1. Am I doing something terribly wrong?
2. How do u go about nursing 1 or both twins at night?
3. How do u transfer them successfully?
4. Their long stretch is in a bassinet in the living room; do u think they would sleep better away from me the rest of the night? i.e. back in the bassinet after feedings?
5. They usually nap in a swing and vibrating chair; is this affecting their sleep habits negatively at night?
6. What has worked for u?
Thank u so much for reading:)