Hello! My just turned 9 year old has had selective vaccinations. I opted not to get Varicella, planning instead to expose her to chicken pox, but we've never had the opportunity; so recently I've been planning to take her for that vaccination. Now a friend's younger kids have it, and I'm trying to decide if I should take her over to get exposed.
The idea of missing a week of 4th grade is intimidating, and I'm worried about how difficult having CP would be for a 9 year old; but balancing that against the benefit of life long immunity.
any and all thoughts and advice would be super welcome!
Also: I don't recall ever having CP, and my mom doesn't remember me having it, but my younger sibs did and I worked in a daycare in the 90's when a bunch of kids had it and never got it...but since I'm unsure, should i get tested myself before exposing my kid, if that's what i decide to do?