I have a 15cm abdominal cyst that will need to be removed. I also have a 28 pound 15 month old. I'm trying to decide when to plan the surgery. I have determined that anesthesia and pain meds can be used safely while breastfeeding (by choosing the right meds). My concerns are about my recovery time and discomfort trying to nurse a 28 pound acrobat, and about possibly spending a night hospitalized before she is night weaned (if I choose to schedule soon). I night weaned her big sister at 18 months, and will probably be on track for a similar plan with DD2.
Does anyone have any experience or advice about this? If there is a better forum to post this in, please feel free to point me there!