or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Signs and symptoms

Signs and symptoms - Page 7

post #121 of 999

Demeter, did you ever find anything to help it? I am thinking mine is also partially caused by progesterone suppositories. I am thinking of trying probiotics especially because I need to take a course of antibiotics.I would kill for an immodium right now!

post #122 of 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by andaluza View Post


I keep forgetting to mention thirst. I always feel as though I've just finished a huge bag of salty chips with no water in sight and am dying to drink water. I'll drink a whole glass and want another one immediately. The last few mornings I've also woken up with major thirst and super dry mouth. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the preg. itself, but I wonder if eating all this protein is also a factor. I hate leaving a glass of water by the bed because the cat will try her hardest to drink it or remove any cover I have tried to place on it (sometimes causing a big mess in the process). But I really do need to have some water by the bed. I still haven't used any of the snacks I bring to bed, but I'm going to have to add water now, for sure.

yeahthat.gif I am so thirsty all the time, and then I have to pee - I appear to have turned into a water feature. I also couldn't get comfortable last night because I got so hot under the comforter! Ack!
post #123 of 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsvalentine View Post

Demeter, did you ever find anything to help it? I am thinking mine is also partially caused by progesterone suppositories. I am thinking of trying probiotics especially because I need to take a course of antibiotics.I would kill for an immodium right now!



 

 

Nope.. it just ran it's course within a couple weeks. It wasn't pleasant while I was in the throes of it for sure. I've never taken a progesterone supplement so I don't know if it would aggravate it further. Hope you find some relief soon!

post #124 of 999

Ugh.. and the puking begins. I hope it's short lived!!!

post #125 of 999

I barfed and barfed tonight, too. I think it was the fact that I am taking a new brand of prenatal, and apparently it doesn't agree with me like the old one did. I have to remember to eat with it tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

post #126 of 999

The thirst.  OH THE THIRST.  I've never experienced this before.  I wake up and my mouth and throat feel like I've eaten sand paper.  And the bad thing for me, whenever I cough when prego, I throw up.  It gags me.

 

Lots of peeing.

 

Experiencing the same morning wakefulness.  I'm hoping it's because I'm so excited about christmas and have so much on my to do list when I awake.

 

Blessedly, no morning sickness yet.  Had a touch of something this morning.  Took some Chinese herbal medicine and felt better in 10 minutes.  That stuff is magic.  Some kind of voodoo in it. 

post #127 of 999


Quote:

Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

I hate leaving a glass of water by the bed because the cat will try her hardest to drink it or remove any cover I have tried to place on it (sometimes causing a big mess in the process). But I really do need to have some water by the bed. I still haven't used any of the snacks I bring to bed, but I'm going to have to add water now, for sure.
 

 

Funny you say that, I have one obnoxious cat who thinks knocking things off my bedside table equates to food in the morning. So, I sleep with this by my bed. Spill proof and easy sleep access!  It really gets me to drink more during the day, too.

 

 water.jpg
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by intime0 View Post

 Took some Chinese herbal medicine and felt better in 10 minutes.  That stuff is magic.  Some kind of voodoo in it. 


Hmm...what is it??

 

post #128 of 999

Okay, 5 weeks today, and I've been feeling queasy pretty much constantly since yesterday morning. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until at least 6 weeks! I know a lot of people recommend ginger, but what kind? Does it have to be ginger candy, or could I take ginger capsules? I know mints help sometimes when my stomach doesn't feel good - is that okay during pregnancy? While it is mildly reassuring to feel sick, I think I'd rather not!

post #129 of 999

Hey Monkey - Any type of ginger will do (tea, fresh, candy, chews, ginger ale). I find that I get gingered out after a bit, so I also eat stuff with lemon in it (add lemon to water). Nausea mainly occurs when you need to eat. So try to eat a lot of small meals with a lot of protein - a handful of nuts here, a granola bar there or whatever it takes. Beans are also great! Really try to push protein if you can! 

 

As for mint, totally safe!

post #130 of 999

just make sure you don't get the Yogi ginger tea - it has licorice root in it and that's a no-no.

 

 

 

post #131 of 999

Can't really stand tea, so I guess that's out. And since I'm still doing a sort of modified South Beach diet, protein is mostly what I'm getting! But I probably do need to eat more often. Bleh. So unappealing right now! I guess I will have to go get some ginger at some point!

post #132 of 999

Anyone else eating dinner and then going directly to bed? I think I've done that about 3 nights in a row now. Also, my SO confronted me on my symptoms tonight. He doesn't remember me having extreme hunger, mood swings, and tiredness so early. LOL. I remember everything but the extreme hunger and the intense hip pain I'm experiencing. Anyone else have hip pain? I could definitely do without it. 

post #133 of 999

sallyrae, with my first pregnancy, I spent almost the entire first trimester coming home from work, sleeping, waking to eat, and going back to bed.  Sometimes I even slept during my lunch break.  I have NO idea how I'm going to deal with the exhaustion AND a toddler!

post #134 of 999

I did the same. It was so bad that I went down to working part time by the time I was 5 months pregnant because I literally couldn't get through the workday without sleeping. This is going to be extra hard for me because I not only have my toddler but the girl I nanny for. I could nap with Cece if it was just her...

post #135 of 999

I haven't been able to keep up with every post, but it sounds like I'm not the only one with extreme exhaustion. I wake up in the morning needing several more hours of sleep and that is how it is all day long. Some days my DH is able to take DD for a bit outside the house so I can get a good nap, but today is not one of those days. I knew the exhaustion would be hard b/c with DD I was able to veg oon the couch all day long if I wanted to. I'm surprised I'm not taking the tiredness better this time. I thought she would keep me distracted enough I might not need the sleep like before. Not so!!

 

I've also had a little bit of ms, off and on most days, and had to pee like crazy! That's all I can think of now.

 

Does anyone know how to combat the exhaustion better?

post #136 of 999

Talked to the nurse today - she said I should take 50mg of Vitamin B6 6 times a day and get a sea band - she said those should help with my nausea.

post #137 of 999

I am so tired, too. I have a 7 year old who is at school but my two year old thinks it's better that I get zero amounts of rest, it is very hard right now. I also have this  all day long hollow, upset tummy feeling that is taking a toll on me, yuck, I just want it to go away. A PP mentioned hip pain and I hear you, I have had constant hip and lower back pain since before I found out I was preg. Here is to the first trimester flying by!

post #138 of 999

Haha so I totally missed this thread already and posted a early symptom thread but I will go here too. I am no joke 12 dpo and my boobs are about to bust out of my bra. This happened with my first too just not this early. I also had morning sickness this morning and had to lay down and cuddle my sparkling water. I also have a small bump (crazy!!!) and heartburn in the evenings.

 

Cecilia's mom: It was driving me nuts because I kept thinking I recognized you from MDC before and I just realized that we were in a due date group with our firsts!! My DD#1 (stillborn unfortunatley) was born March 24, 2010. It's nice to see you again. Its so funny we're in a due date club again. wave.gif

post #139 of 999


Quote:

Originally Posted by DawningSun View Post

Another symptom that I had for about 3 days straight was a euphoric feeling throught my entire body and I felt so dreamy, energized and happy. That was also my first symptom with my first pregnancy. Bring on the preggo horomones I LOVE THEM!



I had that euphoria feeling the day after we conceived and was teasing my TTC group that I was having conception symptoms. haha. Maybe I was!

post #140 of 999

Hey ladies, does anyone know what to do about migraines??? I get them really bad during preg. and it appears they are already starting.

 

Thanks.

 

 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Signs and symptoms