My 3 year old boy has severe allergic cough-cold, which worsens after sleeping on our conventional 4 year old bed for a few hours. I am assuming its because of the off-gassing foam.
I researched all the organic mattress options online and now thoroughly confused.
Is the Organic cotton + wool mattress 100% free of all chemicals? I read somewhere on MDC that even the wool can be treated with chemicals Before it goes into the mattress, is that true? Should I avoid natural latex since i am not sure if my son is allergic to it?
Does anyone have any experience with any of these vendors:
1) White Lotus (organic cotton and wool boulder firm mattress, they say its not organic wool but its never treated chemically). They have a 25% discount today and I so want to avail of that, however I am concerned as I cannot test them out in person :(.
2) Pure-Rest cotton wool mattress. They say its 100% organic cotton and 100% organic wool certified by Oregon Tilth. The price however seems too good to be true. I have also not seen even one user review of any of their mattresses so not sure if I should trust their claims.
3) Holy Lamb organics. I particularly liked their woolly down pillow.
4) Shephard's Dream. They also have Premium eco wool which they claim is better than the organic wool.
5) Organic Grace. I think they sell Pure Rest, not sure though.
Please help! Do you recommend any of these and why?
White Lotus might just be what I am looking for, and I hope I don't lose their deal price! Should I go ahead and just buy their mattress at the deal price today? I obviously cannot test their sample now.
Unfortunately I cannot try them out in person as we don't have any organic mattress stores in Dallas, TX.
Thanks so much in advance,
Edited by DallasMomAgain - 11/28/11 at 12:18pm