or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › C-section Birth › the WAITING support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

the WAITING support thread

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

am i the only one?  still no idea whether we'll get a vbac or not.  i have high hopes, but i think i am not comfortable going for it if this is another monster huge baby.

post #2 of 11

I'm 25 weeks and not sold on vbac really... I'm willing to try it if I went into spontaneous labor at 38-39 weeks, but my body has already failed one baby in going overdue and I'm not willing to wait it out... That and my last 2 babies were 9.3 and 9.10 which is big for me... So yeah, definitely undecided and leaning toward a repeat at some point here.

post #3 of 11

Its hard not knowing what will be right for you when the time comes--I'm 22 weeks and while I'm planning a VBAC, I know it may not work out if it is anything like my last birth.  And I'm okay with that.  My big goal for this birth is to be present for it and able to bond with baby a.s.a.p.

 

I hope you both have 8ish (max) lb. babies that come right on time!

post #4 of 11

I was sold on a VBAC the minute I was in recovery with my c-section.  But my placenta is not cooperating.  I have complete placenta previa at 27 weeks...  I'm trying to hold out hope but a repeat c-section is looking very likely.  Feels very much like a waiting game to me.  I'm supposed to schedule another sonogram at 31 weeks to see if my placenta moved.  But even that may be too early.  I could end up scheduling sonograms every few weeks to see if it has moved, making me have to wait and see for the next 11 weeks.  The unknowing is making me crazy!

post #5 of 11

I waited until 8 days overdue.  From 36 weeks on I tried everything to make my DS come out.  I was walking 3 hours a day and very much watching what I ate.  At 8 days overdue I went in to my OB knowing that I had no signs of labour and he checked me and confirmed that.  We scheduled the c-section the next day.  At about 6 days overdue I bawled at the thought of scheduling the c-section and in my OB's office I was also close to tears at the thought but he was very comforting.

 

I know that if I have any more I would wait again to 41 weeks as my problem seems to be not going into labour.

 

My first baby was 10 pounds 6 ounces.

My second was 9 pounds 9 ounces.

post #6 of 11
I am planning a VBAC, but due to a condition that causes spasms and rigidity, I may be too fatigued for a VBAC when the time comes. I'm hoping and praying and doing all that I can to ensure that I'm healthy and not flaring up. All around, a VBAC would be safer. Not only because of the uterine scars, accreta, etc. but also because the condition could cause sutures to rip out if I spasm too much.
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 

i had my 30 week appointment yesterday.  baby is doing fantastically well, :) but is in the 96th percentile for size/weight according to the ob's measurements.  which is around where dd was at this point too.  ob was still encouraging about the vbac - saying what he liked to see was the head engaged which made the uterus not exert so much effort to birth, but greensad.gif

it's such a hard place to be in.  ina may says to send love and focus on the positive, but having a c-birth the first time was such a disappointment, i don't want to get my hopes up.  i also want to be able to make plans.  waffle waffle waffle.

post #8 of 11

I am 35 weeks, the baby is doing good and I do too. But I guess I have some chronic hypertension, because lately my BP readings have been higher then the norm but no signs on pre-eclampsia. In my 1st and 2nd trimester I was borderline, to normal. Now I am at my last stretch I have been 154/98 or 150/98 then ten minutes later I was 148/74. I do have white coat syndrome big time, so I am going to get a cuff tomorrow and monitor at home. Also she said I need a U/S to check on the baby twice a week.

Other then that, we're doing really good. When I had my c-section with first born son I felt like a failure, so this second time around I have been telling myself that I am not a failure, sometimes things just don't go as we would want.

post #9 of 11

I've had a rough week with a bleed, a triage visit and a transfer of care.  I have an OB (rather than midwives) now.  But, it sounds like my waiting has been transformed into hoping for a planned c-section rather than an emergency.  I'm trying to hold out hope for a VBAC but it feels like I'm moving out of the waiting group at this point!

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I've had a rough week with a bleed, a triage visit and a transfer of care.  I have an OB (rather than midwives) now.  But, it sounds like my waiting has been transformed into hoping for a planned c-section rather than an emergency.  I'm trying to hold out hope for a VBAC but it feels like I'm moving out of the waiting group at this point!



holy cow.  I hope everything's ok? 

post #11 of 11


I *think* so.  I'm trying to get up the energy to post a full update in the DDC.  Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post



holy cow.  I hope everything's ok? 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: C-section Birth
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › C-section Birth › the WAITING support thread