A search in the larger Arts and Crafts forum yields some threads started on this topic within individual crafting areas, but I thought it might be fun to have one larger "homemade stuffers" thread to see what folks are doing to stuff stockings in creative, homemade ways.
Here's what I've got:
Our boys are 5 and 3. I try to use stockings as a way to buy tiny toys and activities that they will play with Christmas morning, and won't notice them go missing after the bigger presents are unwrapped. Then I sweep them up into their travel fun bags that go with us to LLL meetings, church, and the doctor's office. Then it's like opening a stocking multiple times a year. Well, not really. But you get the idea. I haven't gotten any of these sorts of things yet this year!!! But I will. Here's what's on the list so far:
Each boy is getting:
- a blank board book from Barefoot Books into which I am pasting baby pictures of them (we are expecting a third in April- I think it will be fun for them to remember they were babes too!)
- a stash of bottle caps I've been saving for them (they both collect)
- kid flossers
- tiny carabiners (something about hooking them together and to other things they just love)
- seeds for their garden plots for the spring
- small wrapped coins (they both love money, and unwrapping these will take some time.)
That's all I've got so far!
What items are you putting in the stocking that either
a) didn't come directly from the store or
b) came directly for the store but don't look like a traditional stocking stuffer? :)