TTC- I imagine I'll have more of them, but I did end up having to get some maternity clothes yesterday (way fun!) and the phlebotomist was surprised that it took me this long since I have 2 in there. I happened to have lots of clothes from when I was heavier which made it easier to transition, but alas they do not work anymore. I got a couple of cute dresses, two pairs of pants, two shirts and a maternity/nursing nightgown that happened to come with an adorable elephant onesie that matched the nightie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 12/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
The ONE Thread Graduates!!! December, 2011 - Page 7post #121 of 13612/29/11 at 1:13pmpost #122 of 13612/29/11 at 6:03pm
TTC--That smiley pic is adorable!! Awwwwwww.
ETA: Just placed an order for some maternity clothes. I'm only 12 weeks, but it seemed like in the last couple days, my tummy got noticeably larger. (I'm sure the holiday eating habits aren't helping. ) Could use some more comfortable jeans so I decided to take the plunge and try some maternity ones.
Edited by scowgirl - 12/29/11 at 6:33pmpost #123 of 13612/30/11 at 1:19pm
Hi Everyone! It has been a crazy busy week... I'm trying to work from home so my girls don't have to go to daycare during Winter Break. It's been a challenge to say the least!
I was told when I called to get a midwife that it would take up to 4 weeks for them to review my application so I made an appointment with my GP. What a waste of time. After waiting 1.5 hrs, he told me to pee in a cup and confirmed my pregnancy. Gee, thanks. Tell me something I don't know. So he then told me he no longer does prenatal care and that he will refer me to an OB. Um, no thanks.
Luckily, a few hours later a midwife called from the sparkly new birth center my city just built saying she would love to take me on. She knew my previous midwife and thought we'd be a great fit. Yay! So my first appt is January 18. Can't wait.
So I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. I have NO symptoms. I'm not really worried or anything but shouldn't there be something? Anything? I guess I have tender breasts but they aren't bad at all. Is it just too early for things? You'd think I haven't been pregnant before! LOL But my last pregnancy was 7 years ago.post #124 of 13612/30/11 at 1:54pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MamanFrancaise
So I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. I have NO symptoms. I'm not really worried or anything but shouldn't there be something? Anything? I guess I have tender breasts but they aren't bad at all. Is it just too early for things? You'd think I haven't been pregnant before! LOL But my last pregnancy was 7 years ago.
I had nothing. And I mean NOTHING until I got carpel tunnel around week 24. After the carpel tunnel, I had nothing. NOTHING else until I started swelling around week 34/35.post #125 of 13612/30/11 at 4:49pm
I really need to take more pics of Stephanoodle... I don't think of picking up the camera because she's nocturnal and I'm so tired when she's at her most active! She makes the funniest faces, though.
I've been drinking RRL tea like crazy, my flow stopped at 5 days PP and I was still having bad cramping. I've had some weird chills where I was shivering so hard I could feel it in my spine, but no fever. So it's wait-and-see and hopefully it doesn't turn into an infection. The tea helps get things moving a bit each day & I think it's helped prevent it so far, but I've been really cautious about how much energy I expend because I'm already pretty tired just from taking care of the baby and I don't want to be more worn out than necessary if I do get sick.
DH just took the big kids out to the mall to exchange my keyboard and spend their Christmas money... maybe I'll play photo shoot while we've got the house to ourselves!
Edited by Mummoth - 12/30/11 at 5:05pmpost #126 of 13612/30/11 at 6:07pmpost #127 of 13612/30/11 at 6:42pmThread Starterpost #128 of 13612/30/11 at 7:13pm
Awww, that's a great photo!
I'm talking about down south, possible uterine infection. The midwives think I'm probably okay because apparently your milk doesn't come in if there's still a bit of placenta in there, but she's my third baby and it seemed like a ridiculously small amount of flow. I never had a pitocin shot after the first two births (the guidelines for home birth have changed since they were born) so maybe that's made a difference and I'm just paranoid. If I'm still worried at my next appointment, I'll go for an ultrasound.post #129 of 13612/30/11 at 9:31pm
The spotting is back (still brown, but the Dr. said not to lose any sleep over it, especially since we've had several excellent ultrasounds. She's said that the progesterone suppositories can be very irritating to the cervix and may be at least partially to blame (in addition to all the stretching I'm doing.) It's amazing how much I've grown in just the last week and a half. I will post here. My DH said "You went splody!" LOL. The Dr. also said it was possible I had a yeast infection (since I was feeling irritated in the cervix area) and that Monistat might help (I wondered about this too, but it's been 14 years since I've had one, so I wasn't sure). So, essentially back on modified bed rest (no parties for me tomorrow night). I'm now going to have to reschedule my acupuncture for the 3rd time!
Here's a comparison. The top picture is 8 weeks 6 days and the bottom is 10 weeks 2 days. I've only gained 3 pounds but look like I've gained 15.post #130 of 13612/31/11 at 4:15am
Spotting turned pink (but, luckily is gone now), but I'm feeling more intense cramping Not much I can do at 5 in the morning. It's not bright red so I don't think it warrants an emergency room visit especially since the spotting is now gone. Hoping the cramping is just bowel cramping in disguise. Will call the clinic again right at 8.post #131 of 13612/31/11 at 9:57ampost #132 of 13612/31/11 at 11:14ampost #133 of 13612/31/11 at 12:49pmpost #134 of 13612/31/11 at 4:39pmpost #135 of 1361/1/12 at 3:49pm
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › We lost the baby 24 seconds ago
- › Husband terrified of home birth 6 minutes ago
- › Wondering if I'm pregnant or not 10 minutes ago
- › November chat?? 19 minutes ago
- › Introducing my self and asking for information!! 26 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 33 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 34 minutes ago
- › How Likely is it to go into Labor Before a 39 Week Scheduled... 50 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 57 minutes ago
- › I pulled a muscle in my back. Advice! 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh