Anyone up for another room challenge?
December can be a challenging month to just get through, let alone any extra house projects, so I am going to focus on a small space.
I've been doing several room challenges (4 or 5 months in a row) and never completely finish a room. I'm very content with what I HAVE accomplished, so I want to keep up the momentum.
In the midst of all the room challenges, I have also been working on our very small (9.5x9.5) downstairs room. Not only is it small, but it also has a lot of doors -- 6-foot slider outside, double entry doors from the hall, and a closet with a door that swings into the room. There is no single full wall in this room. A functional room challenge to be sure! LOL We've used this room for many things over the 11+ years we've lived here. The closet is most unique and is the biggest storage space in our home, which isn't saying much. LOL We'll be getting into this closet anyway this month since that is where our holiday decor is stored, so I am piggy-backing on that activity. My fabric is stored in the same closet, in front of the holiday decor. Much of what I have not completed in the various room challenges is sewing. Seems like a good time to accomplish some of that.
Here's my list:
1. Finish getting the room itself usable for sewing again. Been sewing all weekend!
2. Install the wood curtain rod in the family office window. We also installed a sheet of metal on the wall to do double duty as a magnetic board for me and to protect the wall from the back of my desk chair.
3. Touch up the paint from the previous tension rod. I touched up the paint in the entire room.
4. Sew curtains for said window. I sewed one panel (of two) and my rod pocket is too small. Boo Hoo. Plan B...
5. Hem the cotton sheers for said window. Done and hung up.
6. Hem the cotton sheers for the kitchen slider.
7. Sew curtains for DD's window (gift! she'll be THRILLED).
8. Sew pajamas for DD (she & I started them ages ago; I'm hoping it'll be easy...).
9. Create a flannel "board" in the project room, which I am considering calling a "studio" now. Done and hung, but I want to take the fabric down and wash it. LOL Washed and re-hung. :)
10. Brainstorm other ways to store fabric to make it easier to access AND put away. My current method is easy to access and easy to see it all. Putting fabric away is not so easy, though...
11. Create a garden box from an old wood toy box that has been used as a variety of things NOT including holding toys. LOL Done and filled.
Anyone care to join me in tackling a small space of your own?
Could be a closet or a powder room or laundry room or mud room or whatever is easy for you or whatever is bugging you the most....
Edited by sunnysandiegan - 12/18/11 at 2:55pm