I have lived in a rural area with a private well for my entire life... and just recently moved into a suburban neighborhood with a community well.... talk about change in culture! Aside from all the other differences I have noticed how much I dislike the tap water here.... when I fill a fresh cup from the tap it smells very strongly of chlorine... if I let it sit for a minute before drinking the smell goes away and I can drink without the nasty taste...
I called to ask what all goes into the water, and they told me it is treated with chlorine... I just don't know how much, but I hate how badly the water stinks! When the boys take a bath the bathroom stinks so much like chlorine, it smells like we're at the public pool!
What i'd like to know from you all is the details about chlorine.... do I need to look into a filter for my home? Or bottled drinking water? Or is it somewhat harmless??
Thanks in advance!