Oh jeez.. the end IS near and that fact is suddenly hitting me. It occurred to me out of the blue on Friday that I might not go to 42 weeks with this LO and that even if I do... that's 7 weeks away. And I am so not ready, emotionally or stuffwise!
My 2 year old son did successfully transition to his own bed though! That is my big exciting news. He has always literally slept in the crook of my arm and is a cuddle fiend, so we weren't sure how it was going to go. But amazingly, he moved into his new bed with no drama and has been sleeping the whole night in there most nights since before Thanksgiving. (Sometimes he gets up around 3 or 4 a.m. and moves into bed with us, but on my husband's side.)
Things I've loved about being pregnant:
- how totally hilarious I look riding my bike
- having an excuse to wear sneakers at work every day
- just feeling this little guy moving and growing (though as others have said, movement isn't always a joy... like the other day when he turned sort of on a diagonal and spent the entire day simultaneously ramming my left hip bone and my right ribcage)
- NOT having HG and feeling like I got a second chance at having the mostly healthy, mostly active pregnancy I wanted the first time around
- my breasts look GREAT, maybe the best they ever have. They haven't actually grown (for which I am *so* thankful) but they look *good*. You gotta take my word on this.
Things I've hated about being pregnant:
- just the heartburn! which didn't even start until a few weeks ago
- gaining all the weight again/facing the idea of losing all the weight again
I was talking with my husband about stuff we REALLY need to get done in the next few weeks and was like "we really need to figure out what we are going to do with Grey (older son) while I'm in labor" and he was like "oh well my parents will be here by then." Uh what? No they won't. We need them here the first week in February (husband & older son are going to Disney for a wedding, and I am not staying home alone with a newborn). Much as I love them, I am NOT having them here that long. The last thing I need when I am feeling "done" with the pregnancy & wanting my body to go into labor is having the stress of other people around and hovering.