cry 884, I have found that temping has helped me have information to discuss with my doctor about why I am still not pregnant after 8 months. If I hadn't been temping, seeing an increase temp that showed that I was in fact ovulating, I am not sure my doctor would have done any thing about my tiredness and low BBT which seems to have connections to hypothyroidism. Still not sure it has done all I want it to do but I think I am a couple days past ovulation so maybe in 2 weeks or so we will have some more BFPs. I would totally recommend temping just to see what your body is doing. Like nemrac said, the OPKs help you guess at when you are going to ovulate, but the temperature tells if you if you actually did ovulate definitively.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 12/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Everything smells and tastes funny... Is this a sign? Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Long LH Surge Last post on 12/9/13 at 6:05pm in Trying To Conceive
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on Yesterday at 11:27 am in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
It's Beginning to Look A Lot like Bajingo Juice - TTC #1 in our 30's - December 2011 - Page 10post #181 of 19312/30/11 at 6:27pmThread Starterpost #182 of 19312/31/11 at 1:05pmpost #183 of 1931/1/12 at 6:30pm
Hello Ladies! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday.
The stress of actively TTC wasn't working with our holiday at all - so DH and I took the month not thinking about TTC at all, with all of our family and social engagements. In fact, we were looking forward to having a few months before getting ready for a baby.
And guess what? I have now had five strong BFP's, with different tests, starting yesterday. Last week, I was exhausted and my bbs have become increasingly tender and sore. This is it! EDD 9/9/2012! I'm ready go move to graduates.post #184 of 1931/2/12 at 10:40ampost #185 of 1931/2/12 at 4:32pmpost #186 of 1931/2/12 at 9:24pmpost #187 of 1931/3/12 at 1:34am
Calpurnia - Congrats lady!! That is amazing news, so happy for you and what an amazing start to the year!
nemrac - Im so sorry :( I was totally crossing my fingers for you this month
Juicy - Welcome! This is a really fantastic group of women and I'm super thankful to have had their support since joining so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Although of course I hope your stay is short! I look forward to hearing how the OB visit goes, hopefully you'll get some good solid answers that you can start working on.
AFM - 12 DPO here and no real sign of AF yet apart from being a bit extra hungry, however that could also just be this holiday period where I've gotten used to eating too much! I think she's due in 3 days or so and since my temp is still high I'm going to try and hold out until at least then. Also, I'm wondering if my chart might be triphasic? Especially if you discard the CD 9 & 14 temps since I'd taken it quite a bit late (holiday sleep ins!). Any thoughts?post #188 of 1931/3/12 at 9:10ampost #189 of 1931/3/12 at 10:54ampost #190 of 1931/4/12 at 3:16amThread Starter
JuicyPakwan, I would be more than happy to add you to the BJC thread. How old are you? I actually appreciate the 30 somethings that have had kids to give us first timers some perspective. At least you know you can get pregnant. I am not sure if it is even happening for me at all. I am not a POAS addict so I haven't even run across a "chemical pregnancy" as some here have.
I am planning to post up a new January thread tonight. Hope everyone is having a great day!post #191 of 1931/4/12 at 6:41am
Juicy: Have they done CD21 testing on you to check your progesterone levels? I feel like progesterone is a major factor for a lot of women and we don't even know!
Lilac: How are you feeling on your thyroid pills? Any different? I'm hoping better.
AFM: My Dr. gave me Crinone gel (progesterone) to use until my blood tests come back... just wondering if any of you have any experience with it?post #192 of 1931/4/12 at 1:47pm
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › do you vaccinate your dogs? 35 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 51 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 59 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 1 hour ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo