Yesterday my dad and I stripped the wallpaper from Odin's room-to-be, took out what seemed like 100 nails and screws, spackled, sanded (well, he sanded, I stayed away from that part), etc. This DH, a friend of ours, and I primed the room. Next we will paint. I had been searching for blues (before we found out boy), teals, aquas, tans, and creams. I discovered an orange unopened paint can in the basement that I had intended to use in another room and have decided...tentatively...to just go with that. Saves money on a super expensive low-VOC paint and I think orange will be awesome.
Yay for progress! Here's the in-process pic stream:
Yes, the previous owners had a "lake scene" of wallpaper:
But using my tried-and-true method, the paper came off beautifully: