I have been TTC for years. I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 10 years ago. I have recently began Metformin and I am also trying Vitex along with vitamins. Can any one give me some hope. All I have ever wanted was a family, and I am loosing hope that my dream wont come true.
- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 12/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:15am in Infertility
- help with charting please Last post on 12/12/13 at 11:59pm in Infertility
- The Fertility Challenged One Thread Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Infertility
- FET - single injection Lupron day 21 - anyone familiar with this protocol??? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:19am in Infertility
- TTC number 1 for two years Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:58am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/11/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 12/10/13
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
TTC with PCOSpost #1 of 812/5/11 at 6:59amThread Starterpost #2 of 812/6/11 at 7:41ampost #3 of 812/6/11 at 9:07ampost #4 of 812/8/11 at 1:44pmpost #5 of 812/9/11 at 7:24pm
missmandi - I definitely agree with the recommendation to see an RE, or at least an OB/GYN that has a lot of experience with fertility problems. It sounds like you are doing good things, but it might help to take some sort of ovulation induction drug (Clomid or Femara, typically), something an RE would almost certainly prescribe you. Do you do fertility/temperature charting at all? If not, I definitely recommend that. If so, what are your charts like? Do you ovulate regularly? How is your cervical fluid?
boots - WHAT??? You must share your BFP with the IF ONE Thread!! Congrats!post #6 of 812/29/11 at 10:20am
hey ladies. I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 months ago. I started metformin about 4 months ago and have seen anh RE. We are waiting about 6 months from now to start Clomid, as our insurance covers no infertility! So frustrated! We have been ttc for 2 years now and are so ready to see that BFP! so glad there is a thread here for just us PCOSers!post #7 of 81/19/12 at 6:35pm
hi ladies! i was diagnosed about three months ago and have since started metformin. i had two failed ivf cycles before starting the drugs, and one failed iui a month after i started. it's insane i was never diagnosed with pcos before this. i don't get cysts and ovulate regularly, but i've got a ton of the side effects and insulin resistance which the re is saying throws off my hormone levels.
i'd love to hear more success stories! anyone finding serious changes with metformin? i have absolutely no side effects from my 1500mg a day and although i'm losing weight now, i'm attributing it more to a carb free diet rather than the drug just lowering my insulin levels. my dr suggested losing weight to see if that changes anythingpost #8 of 81/19/12 at 7:45pm
I took metformin but found it had no real affect. I did conceive both of my children with clomid. I also found that going on a very low carb diet helped me lose weight & improved my blood sugar levels. Definitely focussing on diet & exercise is helpful.
Good luck - it is very frustrating but is also not insurmountable & there is more & more info on it all the time.
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › Belly Bumps 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone else doing blood draws for hcg and progesterone? 6 minutes ago
- › how many of us oldies are still around? 8 minutes ago
- › Bring newborn to Polar Bear swim? 10 minutes ago
- › Can you relate? 16 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 19 minutes ago
- › Boy or Girl 19 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 19 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 20 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 22 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh