I have been TTC for years. I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 10 years ago. I have recently began Metformin and I am also trying Vitex along with vitamins. Can any one give me some hope. All I have ever wanted was a family, and I am loosing hope that my dream wont come true.
- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 12/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/9/14 at 12:31pm in Infertility
- HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking Opinions on Dr's Choices Last post on Yesterday at 6:19 pm in Infertility
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:27am in Infertility
- Gestational Surrogacy Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:13pm in Infertility
- Progesterone levels in pregnancy Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:30am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
TTC with PCOSpost #1 of 812/5/11 at 6:59amThread Starterpost #2 of 812/6/11 at 7:41ampost #3 of 812/6/11 at 9:07ampost #4 of 812/8/11 at 1:44pmpost #5 of 812/9/11 at 7:24pm
missmandi - I definitely agree with the recommendation to see an RE, or at least an OB/GYN that has a lot of experience with fertility problems. It sounds like you are doing good things, but it might help to take some sort of ovulation induction drug (Clomid or Femara, typically), something an RE would almost certainly prescribe you. Do you do fertility/temperature charting at all? If not, I definitely recommend that. If so, what are your charts like? Do you ovulate regularly? How is your cervical fluid?
boots - WHAT??? You must share your BFP with the IF ONE Thread!! Congrats!post #6 of 812/29/11 at 10:20am
hey ladies. I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 months ago. I started metformin about 4 months ago and have seen anh RE. We are waiting about 6 months from now to start Clomid, as our insurance covers no infertility! So frustrated! We have been ttc for 2 years now and are so ready to see that BFP! so glad there is a thread here for just us PCOSers!post #7 of 81/19/12 at 6:35pm
hi ladies! i was diagnosed about three months ago and have since started metformin. i had two failed ivf cycles before starting the drugs, and one failed iui a month after i started. it's insane i was never diagnosed with pcos before this. i don't get cysts and ovulate regularly, but i've got a ton of the side effects and insulin resistance which the re is saying throws off my hormone levels.
i'd love to hear more success stories! anyone finding serious changes with metformin? i have absolutely no side effects from my 1500mg a day and although i'm losing weight now, i'm attributing it more to a carb free diet rather than the drug just lowering my insulin levels. my dr suggested losing weight to see if that changes anythingpost #8 of 81/19/12 at 7:45pm
I took metformin but found it had no real affect. I did conceive both of my children with clomid. I also found that going on a very low carb diet helped me lose weight & improved my blood sugar levels. Definitely focussing on diet & exercise is helpful.
Good luck - it is very frustrating but is also not insurmountable & there is more & more info on it all the time.
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › failing the glucose test...whats next? 5 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 12 minutes ago
- › I think it's time to talk about carseats :) 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › How do I change my username? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › vaccination debate and the information age…. 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Life after quitting antidepressants- how has it been for you? 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › February chat thread 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea