post #21 of 21

It really depends. Some states have exemptions for small producers of 'bake sale' type goods and jams and such. Here in MT, you fill out a form and do a little back and forth paperwork with the health department and you're good to go as a small producer of specific items at a farmer's market. It would actually be wether or not the state has that kind of exemption with their health department or not.

Originally Posted by JudiAU View Post

Most markets require food to be prepared in a commercial kitchen which might make your product very expensive if you can find rental space at all. Don't forget business licenses, taxes, and sometimes insurance.