Well I am currently 5DPO according to FF and 6DPO according to me. In an attempt to make myself not feel so bad about POAS this early I googled 6DPO BFP. While it let me know that some women do get BFP's at 6DPO I was promptly disappointed that every single BFP I found ended in a chemical pregnancy. Some were just posts on forums with no pic and some had pics. One stands out in my mind because this woman had the kind of BFP you would expect at more like 14DPO. It was pretty dark. A few months back I had gotten what I thought was a BFP and I happily told my husband and family, began rubbing my belly, and let my pregnant brain take over. This was with a 7DPO BFP. Of course by the next day I was smacked in the face with BFN's from several different brands of tests. I wanted to blame it on a faulty test but in my opinion it was a positive test and not a fluke.I was not temping so I have no proof that it was real or not. But it seems that most people who get their BFP's between 6-8DPO end up with chemicals. Does anyone know any information on this? I wonder if an egg implants "too early" if that makes it less likely to survive. Does our body for some reason need that 7-12 days after fertilization for something in order to properly implant an egg? Is the uterus not ready before then? I know also back in November of 2008 I had also tested early and got a BFP I could see at 7 DPO and a bfp everyone could see at 8DPO which ended in a chemical but the following month in December I did not get a BFP until 9DPO and DD2 is the result. What are your experiences? How have your early BFP's turned out and how many of you have had a chemical on a 9+DPO BFP?
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 12/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Trying To Conceive
- 9dpo and feeling really nauseous Last post on Today at 4:04 am in Trying To Conceive
- Feeling hopeless and confused.. Last post on Today at 12:56 am in Trying To Conceive
- Anyone with experience with soy isoflavones, (while breastfeeding)?? Last post on Yesterday at 10:14 am in Trying To Conceive
- Everything smells and tastes funny... Is this a sign? Last post on Yesterday at 7:03 am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Correlation between early BFP's and chemical pregnancypost #1 of 512/13/11 at 6:00amThread Starterpost #2 of 512/15/11 at 10:21am
I didn't want your post to go without response.
Personally, I think it is more likely that there are many more "chemical" pregnancies (early miscarraiges) than medicine recognizes. I think many women are actually having repeated chemical pregnancies and think they just can't get pregnant, or have slightly long cycles or...
Good luck going forward. I am sure this must be very painful for you and I wish you all the best.post #3 of 59/28/12 at 7:50amHi.
I know this is a bit of an old post but I just came across it and it's really interesting.
I've no idea wen I tested positive with my dd as I was pregnant wen I eventually started charting after trying for 2 years!! Which was very confusing as a beginner lol! My cycle can be 40-60 days, and ive just recently starte charting to ttc no 2 and had a chemical, I had a 60 days cycle so now wonder how many I've had as it could explain the long cycles on occasion ( as its usually around 42)... Obviously bee blissfully ignorant before! Prob nor the best.
Anyways, yes I am now a poas aholic and tested bfp about 7dpo with my chemical. I got loads of test of eBay which are v accurate in my opinion. I was using about 4 a day! With about half coming up with very faint line. Temp stayed elevated for from o to af, but stopped getting the faint positives at about 14dpo off memory. Kept testing to see them get darker but of course they got lighter. So yes I think you are quite possibly right in wot u question here. Really delayed af though.
I am testing once again like a nutter lol as am 11dpo. Thought I could perhaps see a very very faint line on one of my 5 today lol!!, but suspect it was me hoping. Ah well, here's to the next cycle! Just wish I didn't have to wait so long til next o day!!!
Xpost #4 of 59/28/12 at 8:54amI don't know about the early BFPs, but LATE BFP's have a proven correlation with pregnancy loss:
This study would seem to indicate only a slight increase in the chance of loss with early implantation. Overall, I'd much rather have an early BFP, than a late one, but any BFP is a chance.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › How to tell the boss 14 seconds ago
- › NT Exam - Gender predicted at 12.5 weeks? 8 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 17 minutes ago
- › Nursing Moms 23 minutes ago
- › competing priorities (venting) 23 minutes ago
- › Baby cries/screams while ECing, but only for poo! 26 minutes ago
- › Sign up for Bead Swap! 26 minutes ago
- › Low supply - What helped you? 26 minutes ago
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 34 minutes ago
- › Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium 38 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo