or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Tell me if this is ok?

Tell me if this is ok?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I was moving boxes around in our nursery to clean it up so hubby could start putting the crib together tonight.  I was sitting on the ground reach forward and leaning on my stomach a lot and lifting boxes from one area to put next to me (while sitting).  I started feeling like maybe I was doing too much cuz my tummy was feeling like it was being used too much so I stopped.  Now I am still feeling that it's kinda sore.  Did I do too much and is this ok??  I am kinda worried now!

post #2 of 9

It is good you stopped. Always stop when you feel discomfort or you get that feeling that what you are doing isn't quite smart. Another thing NOT to do: Move heavy boxes with your feet - by sliding..I guess you can tear ligaments that way. I wouldn't be worried you did any lasting damage though...just keep watching yourself!

post #3 of 9

Nah, I've moved just about every pregnancy.  It is good you stopped, but you are probably okay to start again tomorrow. :)  Just take it a little easier than normal, and work to figure out ways to lift/move things that don't use your belly the same.

 

Onemore-I didn't know that you could actually tear ligaments by sliding stuff with your feet when pg, but I DO know that it can REALLY hurt to do that.  Whew.  I never do that because the pain is ridiculous.   I guess now I know why.

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys!  I didn't feel like I was doing much at all but boy could I tell afterwards.. I will try to be more careful next time :)  By the way the crib is all put together now and it's soooo cute!!  Awwwww, I want May to come NOW!

post #5 of 9

Noooo Janelle. May needs to stay where it is. LOL

I haven't even got baby clothes yet, or blankets made, or...or...oh my goodness. This house needs painted.

May can stay where it is!

post #6 of 9

yeeah, May can stay put. please!

 

I feel like I have no core strength on top of feeling like there's an inflated balloon in my midsection, so I also feel really awkward when I try to lift/move wide objects or twist and reach for things. It's no big deal, I just avoid it because it feels uncomfortable.

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

It is good you stopped. Always stop when you feel discomfort or you get that feeling that what you are doing isn't quite smart. Another thing NOT to do: Move heavy boxes with your feet - by sliding..I guess you can tear ligaments that way. I wouldn't be worried you did any lasting damage though...just keep watching yourself!


I didn't know that either.  I move stuff with my feet a lot at work.  Mostly cots with sleeping toddlers on them.  :\  I'll stop.

 



 

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryamrose View Post

yeeah, May can stay put. please!

 

I feel like I have no core strength on top of feeling like there's an inflated balloon in my midsection, so I also feel really awkward when I try to lift/move wide objects or twist and reach for things. It's no big deal, I just avoid it because it feels uncomfortable.



You might want to look into belly binding for postpartum.  I always feel like my midsection is like Gumby for the first seveveral weeks. Binding makes all the difference, and feels SO good.

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post



You might want to look into belly binding for postpartum.  I always feel like my midsection is like Gumby for the first seveveral weeks. Binding makes all the difference, and feels SO good.



ooo, my midwife gave my a little velcro elasticy brace thing for by midsection postpartum.  It was super nice to not feel all jello-y and I think helped my back.  This is a great suggestion so mamas can research it now!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › Tell me if this is ok?