or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Handmade Holidays 2012 - Page 9

post #161 of 179

Not sure if my list is done but I think I am....

 

29 pencil rolls.  11 to go in to work with dh, the rest to go into Game Night Bags

Game Night Bags to include - pencil rolls, 6 dice, instructions for a couple dice games, paper, cinnamon almonds and Muddy Buddies

2 Shawls - different patterns but each about 30 x 70

2 pillow cases using the burrito method (LOVE IT!)

A dead fish hat

3 ruffle scarves

found a cute pendant at a craft show and dd added an amazing ribbon necklace

lined a cigar box in velvet

decopaged the top of a cigar box with scrap book paper with a vintage feel

5 (really nice, if I do say so myself) fabric gift bags

5 stuff sacks that were requested 

 

I may still knit 2 sets of mittens.  1 to go with the dead fish hat and another might happen now or for dd's b-day on the 10th out of some amazing Buffalo Fiber I have

post #162 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

Well this weekend was very busy- but I did get up super early on Thursday and quilted both of my dd's quilts. I need to bind them yet and wash them since I used spray baste. I finished a knit purse form my grandma and gave that to her- she loved it :) I was super naughty though and hit JoAnns again on Friday. I bought flannel for my entire family o have Christmas Eve pj pants. What was I thinking? How will I get that done and have it be a secret? No clue- but it is my idea.... So to finish I have 1 set of baby clothes for a kid exchange binding 2 quilts 7 pairs of pj pants MIL's quilt- quilting and binding MIL's sweatshirt jacket Wow. I have a busy week ahead too....

OK- I finished 1 more quilt- so just one more kid quilt left :)  Everything else is still left to do.... I might send my kids out for a couple of hours this afternoon and try to really bust butt on some of these projects.... If I could bind the remaining quilt, cut out the pants, and spray baste MIL's quilt I would be in smoking hot shape!  

post #163 of 179

So at the last minute I decided I needed to make my nephew a ninja turtle costume.What???

 

Anyway,here is some of it.
 

post #164 of 179

Ohhh my.  I finished the 5th quilt.  I must get some doll clothes done before Sat- or hit a store.  We are in a blizzard- so all the family is pretty much stuck inside.  Sooo not much secret crafting being done....  Ugh.  I don't know how this is going to happen.  Today I will try for the doll clothes and my MIL gifts.  I think it will be a movie day since we are done with school already.... 

post #165 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

Ohhh my.  I finished the 5th quilt.  I must get some doll clothes done before Sat- or hit a store.  We are in a blizzard- so all the family is pretty much stuck inside.  Sooo not much secret crafting being done....  Ugh.  I don't know how this is going to happen.  Today I will try for the doll clothes and my MIL gifts.  I think it will be a movie day since we are done with school already.... 


Wow!5 quilts!That's awesome.Let's see!!!!Please!

 

Everyone else too.Let's see what you've been up to!!!!

 

I couldn't resist and I painted(well drew)a mug(I used to steal his mix tapes when we were kids so... )for my brother.I'll add some cocoa and hopefully some homemade marshmallows.

 

My daughter finished a stuffed clown and an ornament and is working on some art for some friends.

 

But the hardest thing we had to do today was wait for this to cool.Mmmmmm!

post #166 of 179

I wrapped them without pics! I will post pics after they open them :)  

 

I quilted a wall hanging for MIL and made her jacket.  So she is good :)  I forgot I made her a ruffle scarf too.  

 

If I get some more time tonight I would like to make up the doll clothes.  I am hoping to send my kids to town tomorrow afternoon because we have to move our cows- but maybe I will have a little bit of time to make the pj pants....

post #167 of 179

I finished all the pj pants, and all the baby doll clothes.  I even found time to make a bonnet for DD.  I am good now.  I need to wrap some- but I am good.  Yay!  Feels great!

post #168 of 179
Thread Starter 

As usual, I'm crafting down to the day before... on Little Man's nap I sewed the lining of his new hat and the dinosaur fins that go on top. After he goes the bed, I'm going to sew the outer shell and assemble it. I was going to do a matching car seat blanket, but that might have to be a just because gift the weekend after. The hat is the only handmade thing I've ended up doing this year... it's been one of those years. But I think the hat will turn out well, and I think he'll really like it. I have to make him at least one handmade gift each year, and he needs a new hat so it'll be a hit I think. 

post #169 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

I finished all the pj pants, and all the baby doll clothes.  I even found time to make a bonnet for DD.  I am good now.  I need to wrap some- but I am good.  Yay!  Feels great!
AWESOME!
post #170 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

As usual, I'm crafting down to the day before... on Little Man's nap I sewed the lining of his new hat and the dinosaur fins that go on top. After he goes the bed, I'm going to sew the outer shell and assemble it. I was going to do a matching car seat blanket, but that might have to be a just because gift the weekend after. The hat is the only handmade thing I've ended up doing this year... it's been one of those years. But I think the hat will turn out well, and I think he'll really like it. I have to make him at least one handmade gift each year, and he needs a new hat so it'll be a hit I think. 
Ah well,there's always next year.

It's sweet that you made something for your son.Even though Santa brings non handmade gifts,I always give my daughter something handmade from me.
post #171 of 179
Has anyone handed stuff out yet?
post #172 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

Ah well,there's always next year.
It's sweet that you made something for your son.Even though Santa brings non handmade gifts,I always give my daughter something handmade from me.

 

Yeah, true. I think the handmade stuff is important - I want him to have a chest of keepsakes when he's big. :-) I just finished the hat - it's cute and I think it'll be really warm since it's lined. Of course I can see all of the imperfections in it since I just spent the last few hours working on it... but he's tiny and will grow out of in a few months, so... it's a good gift overall. 

post #173 of 179
My parents did Christmas with my sisters family last night so both Shawls were opened and appreciated. All the bags and the two neiece scarves. One niece thanked me the one we have the scarf and necklace to is the only member of the family member we haven't heard from.

DH have out his pencil rolls and all his employees were impressed that they were handmade. Several were using them by days end.

I have out my game night bags on Wednesday/ Thursday. I think they liked them, hard to tell. I passed them out as they were teaching :-).

On another note, one of my instructor's daughter is a potter. I am now the proud owner of a handmade personal bundt pan. Coolest. Gift. Ever.
post #174 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

Has anyone handed stuff out yet?

I handed out some baby doll clothes.  They went on a different doll than what was intended- but the fact that they went on right away is awesome!  

 

As soon as I shut my craft room door my DS ran up to me asking me to please knit on his frog slippers- so that is what I am doing.  Thrums hurt my hands though- so they might take a couple of days.  And my DD is having a hard time agreeing with me on what she can wear to church lately.  I might try to whip up a girly flannel western shirt for her to wear tomorrow night.  Not positive- depends on the kids attitudes in the morning.  Santa doesn't come to a dirty house.  So my gifts are done- but not my todo list.  And I want to add a gaptastic cowl and a pair of thrummed slippers to my list for me :)

 

I am excited for Christmas day to see what MIL thinks of her wall quilt....   I think it would look lovely in her living room.... but we shall see.

post #175 of 179

I didn't do much, but I did get some things done. I made 2 knit bearded hats, a throw blanket, a gold chainmail necklace pendant, 2 pair of mittens, soap, and candies. We're celebrating late with some of the family so I can finish the sewn blanket still. The beard hats, soap, and necklace have been sent off to family already. The mittens are for my boys and candies for us here, the blankets for the ones who are coming here next weekend.

post #176 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post

I didn't do much, but I did get some things done. I made 2 knit bearded hats, a throw blanket, a gold chainmail necklace pendant, 2 pair of mittens, soap, and candies. We're celebrating late with some of the family so I can finish the sewn blanket still. The beard hats, soap, and necklace have been sent off to family already. The mittens are for my boys and candies for us here, the blankets for the ones who are coming here next weekend.
Those bearded hats are so funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Yeah, true. I think the handmade stuff is important - I want him to have a chest of keepsakes when he's big. :-) I just finished the hat - it's cute and I think it'll be really warm since it's lined. Of course I can see all of the imperfections in it since I just spent the last few hours working on it... but he's tiny and will grow out of in a few months, so... it's a good gift overall. 
And good timing since it seems like we might actually start to get some cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34me View Post

My parents did Christmas with my sisters family last night so both Shawls were opened and appreciated. All the bags and the two neiece scarves. One niece thanked me the one we have the scarf and necklace to is the only member of the family member we haven't heard from.
DH have out his pencil rolls and all his employees were impressed that they were handmade. Several were using them by days end.
I have out my game night bags on Wednesday/ Thursday. I think they liked them, hard to tell. I passed them out as they were teaching :-).
On another note, one of my instructor's daughter is a potter. I am now the proud owner of a handmade personal bundt pan. Coolest. Gift. Ever.
Wow,I've never seen a ceramic bunt pan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

.  Santa doesn't come to a dirty house.  So my gifts are done- but not my todo list.  

Yes,my daughter cleaned up her room the other day because I was sure Santa would not be able to get in there to leave anything under her dolls' Christmas tree.

I haven't really handed out anything yet.I'm starting to get a wee bit anxious.
post #177 of 179

I am so glad I finished yesterday.  I was awakened at 5 am with DD vomiting and the day has gotten worse as more of us have come down with stomach flu.  Yuck.  Anyway- our house isn't clean but I did get DH to put away laundry while I cleaned up more vomit.... so that is good right?

post #178 of 179

^^^ I'm so sorry to hear that!!  One year my entire extended family went to stay at an OOT aunt's house (there were probably 18 of us in that house) and people started dropping like flies with the stomach flu.  Puke everywhere and only two bathrooms!  I packed up my husband and my young child (one kid at that time) and we drove home that night.  No way was I going to catch it.  It sucks, but often travels fast.

 

I hope it moves swiftly through your house!

post #179 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

I am so glad I finished yesterday.  I was awakened at 5 am with DD vomiting and the day has gotten worse as more of us have come down with stomach flu.  Yuck.  Anyway- our house isn't clean but I did get DH to put away laundry while I cleaned up more vomit.... so that is good right?
Oh no!!I hope you all are well soon.And so happy for you that you finished all the making already.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2012