My eleven week old was put in a harness for hip dysplasia on Friday and can no longer move her lower body about the way she used to. She's adjusting well, but in the evenings is having a lot of gas pain. She doesn't usually cry much, but was inconsolable for about three hours last night until she finally passed a lot of gas and went to sleep. Her tummy was very firm, so I rubbed it and put warm cloths on her stomach which seemed to help a little. Before she was in the harness, bicycling her legs would work whenever she was gassy. Is there anything else I can do? She seems to burp a lot after feeds, she doesn't spit up much at all. I haven't made any changes to my diet. I hate seeing her so uncomfortable!
Related Forum Threads
- 1 YO still waking every 45 mins-hour at night....am I the only one??? Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:54am in Life With a Babe
- Any BTDT advice for the first few weeks with newborn twins? Last post on Yesterday at 4:37 am in Parenting Multiples
- 9 month old hasnt grown much since 7 months Last post on 5/12/13 at 5:04am in Life With a Babe
- Colic/Foremilk-hindmilk imbalance/possible reflux/food intolerance? Or, is Grandma just super... Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:56pm in Life With a Babe
- How old were you when you had your first baby? Last post on Yesterday at 4:55 pm in Birth and Beyond
10 Things You Don't Need For a New Baby
Edited on 1/19/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Edited on 11/19/12
- Incorporating Mindfulness into MotherhoodEdited on 3/31/13
- My Declaration of Independence, by Leone (who turns one today)Edited on 3/11/13
- The Baby is 11 Months Old Today, or, How I've Learned to Let...Edited on 3/19/13
Natural remedy for gas?post #1 of 812/26/11 at 4:47pmThread Starterpost #2 of 812/26/11 at 6:54pm
Is she able to sit up? We can usually never get our 14-week-old to burp on a shoulder, but leaning her waaaay forward as she sits and patting her works slick. Likewise, laying her across my lap, with her belly on a knee or thigh while patting works well, too.post #3 of 812/31/11 at 4:54pmpost #4 of 81/15/12 at 6:01pm
You can try Little Tummies Gripe Water. I was told about a good natural product for gas from an organic store called "Ask Tamara" but I cant remember the name of it. I've been to the store and Tamara is so helpful!! Try giving her a call and maybe she can help you out. Its worth a shot! Good luck!
14 South Street
Warwick, NY 10990
www.asktamara.infopost #5 of 81/19/12 at 11:57am
Have you tried fennel seed? It works wonders for gas - if you are bf, you can sip on fennel tea throughout the day (steep a tablespoon of seeds in boiling water for 10 minutes and then strain, you can add some honey if you don't like the taste). Fennel also promotes milk supply so it's wonderful!
If not, you can give her a few drops of the tea as well.
Good luck :)post #6 of 81/19/12 at 5:10pmpost #7 of 81/22/12 at 5:51pm
Have anyone tried the Windi? I have never tried it, but it seems to get laughs on this board when I've posted about it. I saw it when I was buying a Nose Frida, and I just about died laughing. But really, I am hoping someone has used it and can tell me if it is for real.post #8 of 81/22/12 at 6:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ZippyGirl
Have anyone tried the Windi? I have never tried it, but it seems to get laughs on this board when I've posted about it. I saw it when I was buying a Nose Frida, and I just about died laughing. But really, I am hoping someone has used it and can tell me if it is for real.
OMG That is really funny! I don't think I'd try it but that was a good laugh!
- Natural remedy for gas?
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...
- › How are you feeling? 30 minutes ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 34 minutes ago
- › Gender Disappointment / Expectation? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Blog post & link to new group 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › New mum from Australia 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11