Dp and I are in the process of looking into dr.'s that do tubal reversals. I can't find much "human" stories on how it went ttc after the procedure. So any mama's on here have a reversal done? What was recovery like? How long did it take to conceive? any instances of ectopic? PLEASE SHARE
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 12/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Everything smells and tastes funny... Is this a sign? Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Long LH Surge Last post on 12/9/13 at 6:05pm in Trying To Conceive
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on Yesterday at 11:27 am in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Share your post tubal reversal stories with mepost #1 of 1912/28/11 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #2 of 1912/28/11 at 9:49amHi sahm. I don't have a success to share (YET!!) bit i can tell you about my Tr. We went back and forth about the decision for about two years...IVF vs. TR. My dh is an ob/gyn and while he would recomend IVF or ICSI we decided we really wanted to try making a baby at home...or perhaps even two. So we spent a lot if time looking at the MD'S out there. Some we even know..I had my heart set on going to Dr. Berger in NC. After some initial contact etc. I decided against them. My weight was borderline to their requirements. I understood that if i came in and was bloated etc. If i was one ounce over that they would cancel the surgery. As we would be taking time off work and traveling quite a distance we decided against going to someone who is more concerned about their patients than the numbers.
We ended up going with a center in Virginia. They had one if the lowest prices, it included two nights hotel and transportation within the area ( pick up grom train, ride from surgi center and to pharmacy et. ) They were very nice on the phone ahead of time. My husband and I both spoke to the doctor on the phone at length befote even booking the procedure. They were able to do the procedure laproscopicaly!!!!!! Only 4 small bandaid size holes vs an actual incision. They also will pay for an hsg (if not covered by your insurance) and if your tubes have closed they will give you a refund or a credit for IVF with them. After years of looking this was (for us) the optimal place. We did have a 6 hour train ride but even with that the cost was less than most other places.
We went the day before the procedure. We met with the doctor and had an exam with sn ultrasound. We went out to dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants...and spent a nice night in the hotel. The next morning we went in for the surgery. It was one of my nicest ever medical experiences. Everyone was so encouraging and friendly. I returned to the hotel after- crampy- taking percocet, and not very hungry, but no problems with nausea as they applied a patch to prevent it behind my ear before I even had the surgery. It lasts two days. In the morning we packed up and took the shuttle to the train. I was quite swollen.i used an ice pack and the percicet for about two days. If i hadn't had to travel i probably wouldn't have needed it. I returned to tegular zctibity and desk work in two days. I was tired and sore for about a week. It took about three befote i fflt like all thd swelling was gone.
I had an hsg at 4 months and found that one tube had closed back up. I am 40 but was very fertile before the tubal. DH also has children. There is no reason but it just haxn't happened yet. The age is an issue and having just one tube cuts the odds in half. I am soooooi glad i had it done. Just knowing that we have a chance is great.
You should have the mediczl records from when your tubal was done. The length of the remaining tube. How you had it done, and how long ago are all things that effect your success.
Make sure you find the right doctor and clinic!!
And good luck!!!! It is hard sometimes dealing with the lack of success. I do wish we had discussed a plan more before we had ot done to outline what we would do if we didn't get pregnant.
I am afraid of an ectopic but i know with early pregnancy tests, blood tests an ultrasound that if we find it soon enough that it can be resolved with medication that would keep me from needing surgery of losing my tube.
It's nerve wracking at the point your at....decisions, decisions. Let me know what you decide and if i can answer any other questions.post #3 of 1912/28/11 at 8:41pm
My name is Roshaunda Chambers I am currently researching tubal revesal. I have four kids (Girl age 10),(son age 8),(Twins age 7). I had my tubes tied in 2004 an I also regret the day I did it. I have been married to the same person for 11 years. I made the decision to tie my tubes when I was 24 because of finances, I never imagine that I would desire to have another baby but now I do. I have research so many websites, that only gave me little information with high prices on tubal reversal. I am so glad to know that there are many others in my same situation. I wish the best for everyone. If there is any information on lower cost I will be sure to give you information.post #4 of 191/6/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #5 of 191/7/12 at 2:44ampost #6 of 191/7/12 at 7:02amThread Starterpost #7 of 191/7/12 at 10:26ampost #8 of 191/13/12 at 8:29ampost #9 of 191/13/12 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #10 of 191/15/12 at 8:07pmpost #11 of 192/12/12 at 4:23pmpost #12 of 199/10/13 at 8:29ampost #13 of 199/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #14 of 199/16/13 at 6:51ampost #15 of 199/16/13 at 6:51ampost #16 of 199/17/13 at 2:34pmpost #17 of 199/18/13 at 8:26ampost #18 of 199/18/13 at 9:05ampost #19 of 1910/25/13 at 4:11am
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › The Master Tonic 1 minute ago
- › Synthetic marijuana and DS's psychotic episode 1 minute ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 5 minutes ago
- › What were you fed? 10 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 12 minutes ago
- › abx for wisdom teeth extraction? 12 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 16 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding "ruin" your breasts? 27 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 38 minutes ago
- › Weight Loss 39 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo