Dp and I are in the process of looking into dr.'s that do tubal reversals. I can't find much "human" stories on how it went ttc after the procedure. So any mama's on here have a reversal done? What was recovery like? How long did it take to conceive? any instances of ectopic? PLEASE SHARE
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on my situation please ! Last post on Today at 7:22 pm in Trying To Conceive
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on Yesterday at 4:23 am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
Share your post tubal reversal stories with me
We ended up going with a center in Virginia. They had one if the lowest prices, it included two nights hotel and transportation within the area ( pick up grom train, ride from surgi center and to pharmacy et. ) They were very nice on the phone ahead of time. My husband and I both spoke to the doctor on the phone at length befote even booking the procedure. They were able to do the procedure laproscopicaly!!!!!! Only 4 small bandaid size holes vs an actual incision. They also will pay for an hsg (if not covered by your insurance) and if your tubes have closed they will give you a refund or a credit for IVF with them. After years of looking this was (for us) the optimal place. We did have a 6 hour train ride but even with that the cost was less than most other places.
We went the day before the procedure. We met with the doctor and had an exam with sn ultrasound. We went out to dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants...and spent a nice night in the hotel. The next morning we went in for the surgery. It was one of my nicest ever medical experiences. Everyone was so encouraging and friendly. I returned to the hotel after- crampy- taking percocet, and not very hungry, but no problems with nausea as they applied a patch to prevent it behind my ear before I even had the surgery. It lasts two days. In the morning we packed up and took the shuttle to the train. I was quite swollen.i used an ice pack and the percicet for about two days. If i hadn't had to travel i probably wouldn't have needed it. I returned to tegular zctibity and desk work in two days. I was tired and sore for about a week. It took about three befote i fflt like all thd swelling was gone.
I had an hsg at 4 months and found that one tube had closed back up. I am 40 but was very fertile before the tubal. DH also has children. There is no reason but it just haxn't happened yet. The age is an issue and having just one tube cuts the odds in half. I am soooooi glad i had it done. Just knowing that we have a chance is great.
You should have the mediczl records from when your tubal was done. The length of the remaining tube. How you had it done, and how long ago are all things that effect your success.
Make sure you find the right doctor and clinic!!
And good luck!!!! It is hard sometimes dealing with the lack of success. I do wish we had discussed a plan more before we had ot done to outline what we would do if we didn't get pregnant.
I am afraid of an ectopic but i know with early pregnancy tests, blood tests an ultrasound that if we find it soon enough that it can be resolved with medication that would keep me from needing surgery of losing my tube.
It's nerve wracking at the point your at....decisions, decisions. Let me know what you decide and if i can answer any other questions.
My name is Roshaunda Chambers I am currently researching tubal revesal. I have four kids (Girl age 10),(son age 8),(Twins age 7). I had my tubes tied in 2004 an I also regret the day I did it. I have been married to the same person for 11 years. I made the decision to tie my tubes when I was 24 because of finances, I never imagine that I would desire to have another baby but now I do. I have research so many websites, that only gave me little information with high prices on tubal reversal. I am so glad to know that there are many others in my same situation. I wish the best for everyone. If there is any information on lower cost I will be sure to give you information.
- › Bajingo juice brings June Bugs and BFPs! TTC #1 in our 30s 5 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 12 minutes ago
- › Dinosour with cart ?! 12 minutes ago
- › Anybody having a VBAC? 13 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 15 minutes ago
- › Sleep Habits 15 minutes ago
- › Realizing I don't feel very confident/equipped about birth. 17 minutes ago
- › Belly Pics 18 minutes ago
- › Would you hire a babysitter/nanny that smoked? 19 minutes ago
- › GBS 30 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama