Oh jes h! Somehow I missed your post about them moving on to the grandparents. I can understand you being teary eyed, but also hopeful toward the next placement. My best!
Related Forum Threads
- My adopted son went back to his bio family. Last post on 5/19/13 at 8:09am in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Looking for book ideas for children, what are your kids favorites? Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:43pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- not related to us so much, but adoption and where adopted babies come from Last post on 2/22/13 at 4:15pm in March 2013 Due Date Club
- Nursing an adopted infant Last post on 3/15/13 at 10:55pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Trying to Adopt/Foster 2013 Chat Thread. Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:00pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
Talking About Adoption...Honestly
Edited on 11/7/12
- Transracial adoptionEdited on 4/4/13
- Adoption And Foster Parenting ResourcesEdited on 1/29/12
Advise on Boundaries with Family? - Page 2post #21 of 251/7/12 at 10:10pmpost #22 of 251/8/12 at 11:29amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks, also, for your story; that really helped me get how assertive I can be. I definitally tend toward passive, but have the capability of speaking up. I guess I just didn't expect to have to this time around (expecting everyone to behave like competent professionals...), so wasn't ready for it. About 2 months into our experience, I realized, 'wait a minute, I advocate for kids ALL THE TIME in the classroom (when others don't act like competent professionals), why am I being so mealy right now?!?'
Your story was a great illustration for me - thanks! I will be thinking of that when we get the next call!
Jespost #23 of 251/10/12 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jes h
Yikes, Marsupial-Mom! That sound like a very frustrating experience!
When your little ones were placed with you was the agency clear that reunification was possible? I know when we went through our licensing process it was an option to only have kids who's parent's rights had been revoked - or is this possible reunification with other family members? Three visits a week seems like tons of visits if the intention is to eventually adopt! I know that for us, three visits weekly makes it really hard for the boys to really feel that they belong anywhere - our house or the family's.
Of course we understood that reunification was a possibility, but it was an unlikely possibility.
Now we're back down to 2 visits per week and in the future it will be about once a month. Adoption was the plan virtually from day 1 but they keep demanding visits for this or that reason.post #24 of 251/11/12 at 12:46pmpost #25 of 251/12/12 at 5:02pm
Also laughing my bottom off at this! Just coming off a few recent weeks in which our caseworkers did not behave as competent professionals ...
- Advise on Boundaries with Family?
- Transracial adoption
- › Just thought I'd share my birth plan 11 seconds ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 1 minute ago
- › first diapers 1 minute ago
- › Could it be pregnacy? or what? 2 minutes ago
- › So you have twin babies.... 2 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner girls? 3 minutes ago
- › DD has unequal pupils - don't know what to do 4 minutes ago
- › Baby Wiggles 5 minutes ago
- › Leave Your Kids at the Park? 5 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 6 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo