Oh jes h! Somehow I missed your post about them moving on to the grandparents. I can understand you being teary eyed, but also hopeful toward the next placement. My best!
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productAdoptiontagged by System, 12/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Just want a break.... Last post on 10/24/13 at 7:28am in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Has anyone resented being pregnant the entire time and still bonded post-birth? Or not? I... Last post on 8/1/13 at 6:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- Having a biological child after adoption Last post on 6/18/13 at 8:06pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- What do you tell an adopted foster child? Last post on 7/4/13 at 9:55pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Is it ever a good idea to separate siblings? Last post on 7/17/13 at 2:56pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
Last edited: 9/26/13
- Talking About Adoption...HonestlyLast edited: 11/7/12
- Transracial adoptionLast edited: 4/4/13
- Adoption And Foster Parenting ResourcesLast edited: 1/29/12
Advise on Boundaries with Family? - Page 2post #21 of 251/7/12 at 10:10pmpost #22 of 251/8/12 at 11:29amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks, also, for your story; that really helped me get how assertive I can be. I definitally tend toward passive, but have the capability of speaking up. I guess I just didn't expect to have to this time around (expecting everyone to behave like competent professionals...), so wasn't ready for it. About 2 months into our experience, I realized, 'wait a minute, I advocate for kids ALL THE TIME in the classroom (when others don't act like competent professionals), why am I being so mealy right now?!?'
Your story was a great illustration for me - thanks! I will be thinking of that when we get the next call!
Jespost #23 of 251/10/12 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jes h
Yikes, Marsupial-Mom! That sound like a very frustrating experience!
When your little ones were placed with you was the agency clear that reunification was possible? I know when we went through our licensing process it was an option to only have kids who's parent's rights had been revoked - or is this possible reunification with other family members? Three visits a week seems like tons of visits if the intention is to eventually adopt! I know that for us, three visits weekly makes it really hard for the boys to really feel that they belong anywhere - our house or the family's.
Of course we understood that reunification was a possibility, but it was an unlikely possibility.
Now we're back down to 2 visits per week and in the future it will be about once a month. Adoption was the plan virtually from day 1 but they keep demanding visits for this or that reason.post #24 of 251/11/12 at 12:46pmpost #25 of 251/12/12 at 5:02pm
Also laughing my bottom off at this! Just coming off a few recent weeks in which our caseworkers did not behave as competent professionals ...
- Talking About Adoption...Honestly
- › Christian: What does a spiritual leader do in a marriage? 2 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 5 minutes ago
- › Anybody thinking about their 'to do' list or 'to get' list before... 7 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 7 minutes ago
- › Love It, Hate It, Never Tried It 9 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 10 minutes ago
- › Birth is Birth is Birth 13 minutes ago
- › April Unschooling Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Pool at MIL's house - wwyd? 34 minutes ago
- › Splitting Expenses and Income- SAHM married 20 years 38 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness