Oh jes h! Somehow I missed your post about them moving on to the grandparents. I can understand you being teary eyed, but also hopeful toward the next placement. My best!
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productAdoptiontagged by System, 12/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Just want a break.... Last post on 10/24/13 at 7:28am in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Has anyone resented being pregnant the entire time and still bonded post-birth? Or not? I... Last post on 8/1/13 at 6:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- Having a biological child after adoption Last post on 6/18/13 at 8:06pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- What do you tell an adopted foster child? Last post on 7/4/13 at 9:55pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
- Is it ever a good idea to separate siblings? Last post on 7/17/13 at 2:56pm in Adoptive and Foster Parenting
Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
Last edited: 9/26/13
- Talking About Adoption...HonestlyLast edited: 11/7/12
- Transracial adoptionLast edited: 4/4/13
- Adoption And Foster Parenting ResourcesLast edited: 1/29/12
Advise on Boundaries with Family? - Page 2post #21 of 251/7/12 at 10:10pmpost #22 of 251/8/12 at 11:29amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks, also, for your story; that really helped me get how assertive I can be. I definitally tend toward passive, but have the capability of speaking up. I guess I just didn't expect to have to this time around (expecting everyone to behave like competent professionals...), so wasn't ready for it. About 2 months into our experience, I realized, 'wait a minute, I advocate for kids ALL THE TIME in the classroom (when others don't act like competent professionals), why am I being so mealy right now?!?'
Your story was a great illustration for me - thanks! I will be thinking of that when we get the next call!
Jespost #23 of 251/10/12 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by jes h
Yikes, Marsupial-Mom! That sound like a very frustrating experience!
When your little ones were placed with you was the agency clear that reunification was possible? I know when we went through our licensing process it was an option to only have kids who's parent's rights had been revoked - or is this possible reunification with other family members? Three visits a week seems like tons of visits if the intention is to eventually adopt! I know that for us, three visits weekly makes it really hard for the boys to really feel that they belong anywhere - our house or the family's.
Of course we understood that reunification was a possibility, but it was an unlikely possibility.
Now we're back down to 2 visits per week and in the future it will be about once a month. Adoption was the plan virtually from day 1 but they keep demanding visits for this or that reason.post #24 of 251/11/12 at 12:46pmpost #25 of 251/12/12 at 5:02pm
Also laughing my bottom off at this! Just coming off a few recent weeks in which our caseworkers did not behave as competent professionals ...
- Talking About Adoption...Honestly
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 18 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 25 minutes ago
- › Question about unschooling and chores 32 minutes ago
- › Need Answers. 33 minutes ago
- › H1N1 During Pregnancy 44 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 58 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 59 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Surviving a Strong Willed, Clingy Child 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › carpet cleaning paranoia 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark
- › Getting Bigger by Melanie Mayo