OMG. I would LOVE LOVE love love BBQ.. I wish we had it here at all.. its really impossible to find even the sauce here and a baked potato.. oh man.. I die.
What did you eat today? - Page 12
- Whole wheat quesadilla for breakfast and lunch (a bit of cheese, lots of black beans, jalapeno, onion, guac, and salsa)
- dried plum
- greek yogurt with fresh berries
- boiled egg
- I am not sure about dinner yet, I feel like plain tomato soup and an apple but probably should have more protein, maybe more black beans thrown in a simple salad with salsa EDITED: I had a bunch of sushi (fish was cooked) and it was so delicious. Miso soup too.
Edited by Sol_y_Paz - 4/23/12 at 9:33pm
- bran cereal with milk and coffee
- low fat cottage cheese
- salad with a bowl of bean chili and piece of rye bread
- a few pieces of chocolate and another coffee (oops)
- a huge thing of pad thai with lots of tofu and chicken (homemade)
- a bunch of water with splashes of juice (because I get so sick of it plain)
- another small bowl of bran cereal before bed
Im really craving yogurt, cottage cheese and lots of salads and fruit lately.. I could pretty much live off of grapes and cottage cheese the last week- so weird.
I think the food was so heavy in the US (e.g. we had almost only take out food and it was ALWAYS chinese, mexican or pizza every meal) that my body is sort of just craving simple basics now for a while.. who knows.. I am not used to so much take out food here and I just think I hit a greasy food wall..
- 1/2 a banana
- chips and homemade salsa
- wild caught salmon sandwich on whole wheat with mustard, spicy hummus, spinach, jalapenos, avocado, tomato and lots of fresh fruit (pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, apple)
- tiny cup of frozen yogurt with walnuts
- small glass of cranberry juice for prenatals since taking them with water or tea makes me gag
- big salad with egg, cottage cheese, nuts, cheddar cheese (LilyTiger, couldn't get cheddar off my mind since your last post about it) lots of baby tomato, carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, 3 bean salad, and spicy hummus
- small plain cornbread mini muffin
- For a snack later on I think I want a bowl of air popped popcorn. I am really craving whole wheat waffles made with cornmeal, walnuts, apple, and berries and topped with a small bit of real maple syrup. I won't go all out on that as that is too much work for one waffle but maybe if I get up extra early tomorrow I can have that for breakfast. I keep meaning to make a batch and freeze them and that turns out OK but they really taste best fresh.
Edited by Sol_y_Paz - 4/24/12 at 4:55pm
- honeydew melon, strawberries and an egg with coffee+milk for breakfast
- salad, a little tuna and a grilled cheese for lunch
- grapes and a half cup of ice cream as a snack
- vegan flax pancakes (homemade) with banana and glass of milk for dinner
- a hand full of chips, a little bit of cereal and a ton of grapes as an evening snack
You know what is insanely inexplicably delicious? chocolate chip pancakes, with peanut butter in between covered in maple syrup. OH MY GAWD I think i need some now but we're out of peanut butter.
ha! funny we're all in a pancake phase.. its all Im wanting the last 2 days.
- cottage cheese topped with oats and starwberry jam for bfast
- pasta with tomato- tuna sauce and some melon for lunch
- half a protein bar for snack
- latte with extra milk
- pint of strawberries and a banana for snack
- chicken/bean/avocado burrito for dinner
- half a chocolate bar for dessert with the remaining pint of strawberries
I liked my last baked potato so much that I did one for dinner tonight. I also sauteed some onion, garlic, yellow squash, zuchini, tomatoes and mushrooms. So tasty.
-banana carrot bread
-Greek yogurt with granola
-slice cheese pizza
-piece of banana carrot bread
-baked potato and veggies
- Waffles (apple, walnuts, blueberries, strawberries, whole wheat, corn meal, real maple syrup, milk, egg, spices) + OJ in an icy mug with prenatals
- Green smoothie (spinach, fruit, water, greek yogurt)
- Apple + banana + dried plum and granola with some milk
- 1/2 portion whole wheat noodles with cheese and tons of greek yogurt to make it super creamy and get the protein count up
- 1/4 baked potato (olive oil, spices, cheese, greek yogurt, crispy onions, salsa)
- Burrito (whole wheat tortilla, black beans, cheese, short grain brown rice, salsa, guac)
Kind of a carb heavy fruit day.
- hard boiled egg
- one grapefruit
- bowl of lentil soup (lentils, carrots, onions, tomatoes)
- fresh green beans, cooked just slightly and tossed with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper
- bowl of vanilla ice cream :)
- side salad
- 3-4 bbq wings, a couple onion rings
- lots of celery and carrot sticks
- 1 strawberry lemonade
a healthy-food-with-not-so-healthy-food-in-between kind of day :)
- bran cereal +coffee with milk
- 2 hot dogs with bread (weirdest craving of the month) and an apple soda
- cup of low fat cottage cheese
- cucumber salad with peanut sauce
- strawberries with greek yogurt and sugar
- a cup of ice cream
- huge plate (ok 2 plates) of pasta with homemade meat sauce and a glass of wine
- more strawberries and a big chocolate bar for dessert
today was one of those hungry all day days, I think I could of just kept eating even after my huge dinner. lately I started to crave sweets really bad. . .
- warm lemon water + honey; 2 slices french toast w/butter & maple syrup; 1 orange; 1 cup of raspberry leaf tea
- 2 homemade cranberry quinoa muffins
- cottage cheese + peaches
- 1 hard boiled egg
- smoothie w/1 banana, 1 apple, yogurt, milk, almond butter
- chia seed/fruit juice "jello"
- 1 cranberry quinoa muffin
- spagetti w/sausage & homemade red sauce; tomato + cucumber salad w/balsamic
- creme brulee ice cream
- 1 cup of raspberry leaf tea
.... and I re-stocked up on cadbury mini eggs still on sale !!!! :)
Here's the recipe for the Quinoa Muffins (there's also a video on this page as well).... I made them for the first time this week - I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins and used melted coconut oil. I also use paper liners to save from having to grease the pan. The muffins come out dense and the quinoa gives them an interesting texture......
For the chia seed gel - a small snack size serving - I use a small container or teacup of juice (I use cherry pomegranate) and then stir in 2-3 spoonfuls of the seeds. I let it sit out for about 15 minutes to check on the consistency and add more seeds if needed. Then I throw in the fridge for at least a few hours so it can thicken further. It gets less crunchy the longer you can let it sit..... I used to make this with coconut milk and cinnamon, but I like it with the juice much better now, with the fruity flavor....