He has a exemption card so that should not even be a problem, but I am more worried for his safety. My son who is 19 whom mostly is non vaxed as I learned over the years about vax. Anyways he is now working a new plumbing job and they came to him and told him they needed him to get his hep shot. Can anyone give me info or opinions as to if this is really a good idea? From what I read as long as he doesn't get poked with a dirty needle or get crap on him which I am sure sometimes can be hard to not do so I don't really know how to advise him. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Ear piercing and Tetanus Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- How do I claim religious exemption? Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Argument by Intimidation Last post on Yesterday at 2:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Tetanis help - pic Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Alaska public schools and vaccines Last post on 5/18/13 at 3:55am in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
HELP New Job wanting Hep shot
Poll Results: Should he be vaxed for hep if he works the plumbing profession?This is a multiple choice poll
9 Total Votespost #1 of 712/30/11 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #2 of 71/2/12 at 6:17am
44% (4)what are his risks if he decides to not vax for hep?
0% (0)Or should he only worry about hep if he shows symptoms then get the shot or treatment?
Is it Hep B or Hep A? If it's Hep B, I would just because as a plumber you might be exposed to bodily fluids. Seriously gross! Last time the plumber was at our house he opened the pipe outside trying to relieve pressure from something that was stuck in a pipe and that Shyte flew into his face... and it wasn't just water! That could make anyone sick but the Hep B shot is on my list of shots I agree with.post #3 of 71/5/12 at 1:22pm
He would be much more likely to be infected with Hep A as a plumber than Hep B. Exposure to crap (which is most likely what he would be exposed to as a plumber) is a concern for Hep A, not Hep B.
I wouldn't get it (either one) if I was a plumber but thats just me...Ive had the Hep B shot before I knew anything about vaccines. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, this vaccine has negatively affected my health in a myriad of ways I wont get into here.post #4 of 71/7/12 at 8:59am
I would decline. I was more at risk working in a hospital and nursing home. I agreed to the vaccine and it resulted in injury. I was no longer able to work as a result of the vaccine injury. Will his workplace compensate him if he is injured? They will probably have him sign a waiver that THEY are not responsible for any vax related injury.
There is always a risk.He will have to weigh in on what is best for him.If he does get the vaccine be sure he gets the lot number.If there are any health related issues that crop up he will need it.I did not have any problem till the second shot,and then I declined the third.post #5 of 72/26/12 at 10:59amThread Starterpost #6 of 72/26/12 at 11:03amThread StarterOMG I just read my post and this phone is so smart that instead of shot it put what they really are! Lol I looked to see how to edit my post above I can't figure it out ;0( hope I don't get in trouble with the forum admins on here.
- HELP New Job wanting Hep shot
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 1 minute ago
- › How are you feeling? 20 minutes ago
- › 52 Project Challenge, 2013 28 minutes ago
- › "America and the Roots of Violence" 33 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 56 minutes ago
- › No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Book/Folder covers without plastic 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › All cotton diapers that last like Motherease..BabeeGreens? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › What would you recommend to a mom CD'ing for the first time? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11