No Spend/ Budgeted spending
Unplanned/ unbudgeted spending
30min spent decluttering
1. We're at my ILs until tomorrow, DH and I ran to Target for MIL for popcorn, I picked up stockings and eye makeup for DH's formal office party on Saturday, all of it was put on a GC I got for Christmas, so no $$ out of pocket. I REEEALLY wanted to buy some other stuff that we REEEEALLY didn't need, but I resisted
2. Trip home today. We budgeted a set amount for this trip to the ILs, and for one of the first times, we actually stayed completely in budget!! I'm hoping that this will set the precedent for the rest of the year, that we can set a budget and stay within it. No extra spending, no impulse shopping, complete CONTROL!! Tomorrow I begin decluttering for the 2012 in 2012 Decluttering Challenge.
3. DH stopped for a haircut on the way home from work b/c I haven't had a free moment to cut his hair. There's room in the budget for it, but it wasn't really budgeted for.
4. Had a play date with friends today so no money spent.
5. DH picked up part of DD2's b-day present, cupcakes, and her choice of dinner for tonight (elbow pasta w/ sauce. Oh the joys of being 3!!) Also purchased a used copy of DH's textbook for his class. All spending today was budgeted. We reviewed the budget and found we came in under budget on quite a few line items and were able to put some extra towards paying off our truck Really hoping the momentum we feel this month will carry through the rest of the year
8. $62 spent at Chili's for an unplanned lunch out after church w/ my brother, SIL, and nieces, though it was $$ well spent b/c I don't get to spend much time w/ that part of my family. Undecorated our Christmas decor today and got rid of quite a few things I didn't use or want anymore.
9. $24 spent at McD's for lunch. 2 of my kids had dr appts today and I didn't plan very well and had to grab lunch on the go. I did however resist stopping for Starbucks on the way back and just waited to make coffee at home.
10. and LOTS of