Ds's main symptoms for allergies so far has been eczema and diarrheao and I've been told to guard against asthma. I really did not expect this. The only other thing he does react to with a rash around the mouth is seafood, and even then it was a flat rash without swelling (but he only had a lick, no ingestion).
Should I take him to the allergist for confirmation and inform the school? Can it get worse with repeat exposure? I do not want to jump the gun, but as he is starting school for the first time soon, I do not want any serious reaction to happen and no one knows what to do. I thought it may be prudent to provide the school with some antihistamine that can buy me some time to get there in case of emergencies. Am I being too paranoid?