Finished another section on the never-ending project on Monday night. Now the kids are seeing that it's close to being finished and are starting to ask about it constantly, which is a little annoying but also motivating. The last section is going to be horrendous to get done, but if I can finish it by Monday I could put it up that day. . .I'll have help.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Crafts
Related Forum Threads
- Easy crafts for kids - what are your favorites? Last post on 5/15/13 at 7:36am in Arts & Crafts
- Non synthetic boppy nursing pillow replacement Last post on 5/9/13 at 7:27pm in Arts & Crafts
- Crafts and Art for kids Last post on 5/11/13 at 6:35pm in Arts & Crafts
- Earth Day crafts? Are you doing any? Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:17pm in Arts & Crafts
- help with quilt idea Last post on 5/8/13 at 8:45pm in Arts & Crafts
The Season of Wonder
Edited on 5/3/13
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...Edited on 3/11/13
- Valentine Craft IdeasEdited on 3/14/13
- awesome craft from www.ourbigearth.comEdited on 4/7/13
- The Great Crayon Cookie ProjectEdited on 3/8/13
52 Project Challege, 2012 - Page 15post #282 of 5952/15/12 at 8:01pm
Nothing but lots of work accomplished and planning
1. Legwarmer (1)
2. Blue/Brown/Cream Blanket
3. Blue/green/yellow Blanket (small)
I've started on the 2nd leg warmer..post #283 of 5952/15/12 at 8:47pm
19/52. I made 2 of the cutest most awesome pocket diapers tonight! they are pul stabilized with flannel and lined with cotton velour stabilized with flannel. I bound them with contrasting foe and they turned out so stinking cute! DH was impressed even! I'm going to try stuffing them tomorrow- too tired right now. I also am down to half a row and binding off on my shawl. I knit like a crazy person today on the trip to get my Vday SERGER from DH! I don't think we were home for more than a quick potty break for everyone before I fired it up! I even served around the pocket diapers to keep all the layers together before I did the FOE. My DH is a sweetheart!post #284 of 5952/15/12 at 9:11pm
Pics please! They sound so cute!
Quote:Originally Posted by iowaorganic
19/52. I made 2 of the cutest most awesome pocket diapers tonight! they are pul stabilized with flannel and lined with cotton velour stabilized with flannel. I bound them with contrasting foe and they turned out so stinking cute! DH was impressed even! I'm going to try stuffing them tomorrow- too tired right now. I also am down to half a row and binding off on my shawl. I knit like a crazy person today on the trip to get my Vday SERGER from DH! I don't think we were home for more than a quick potty break for everyone before I fired it up! I even served around the pocket diapers to keep all the layers together before I did the FOE. My DH is a sweetheart!post #285 of 5952/18/12 at 6:55ampost #286 of 5952/19/12 at 12:08pm
Ok I finished a hat for a co-worker's baby. Another baby hat for my housemate's baby and a third for a friend's. I did all my bookmark Valentine's and ds made 30 homemade Valentine's (so I am counting his project too, because he's 4.5 and didn't do it alone!) I'm calling it 15/52! Now I wonder if I can count my Senior Assessment Portfolio for student teaching? I am no where near finished, but I work on it more than anything else!!!!post #287 of 5952/19/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by tbone_kneegrabber
Ok I finished a hat for a co-worker's baby. Another baby hat for my housemate's baby and a third for a friend's. I did all my bookmark Valentine's and ds made 30 homemade Valentine's (so I am counting his project too, because he's 4.5 and didn't do it alone!) I'm calling it 15/52! Now I wonder if I can count my Senior Assessment Portfolio for student teaching? I am no where near finished, but I work on it more than anything else!!!!
I think I counted student teaching the year I did that. ST was 12 weeks of stress, horror and near death experiences. You can count the Portfolio by all means!post #288 of 5952/19/12 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #289 of 5952/19/12 at 4:58pm
I FINISHED THE SHAWL!!!! I even have it blocking in the toy area! 20/52
I also spent my day yesterday crafting and finished
2 nursing night gowns for my pg friends 22/52
2 more diapers- which when clean I will post a pic 23/52
2 serged receiving blankets and a set of nursing pads- won't count these since they really took no time at all.
I also cast on for a bay hat... I would like to make a couple new baby hats for the same pg friends....
Yay for progress. I haven't done anything today other than block the shawl. I have been tearing apart my house and car looking for my checkbook. I am thinking it is a lost cause though....post #290 of 5952/19/12 at 5:18pm
Ok - I had to go waaaaaay back to find my (sad) count! I'm giving myself a point for starting my cross-stitch 'cause it took 3 weeks to gather everything together & actually start (after thinking about it even longer). I even finished stitching the first colour over the weekend.
I'm at a whopping 3 of 52, falling behind over here.post #291 of 5952/19/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #292 of 5952/20/12 at 8:55am
Ok, finally got around to finishing a few things. After having to buy a new hot glue gun, I finished the felt board and felt characters for DS's board. I just did a handful to start with (cow, triceratops, snake, car, train, flower) and figure I can add to it throughout the year. A friend posted a template for Mr. Potato Head pieces on pinterest that looks like a fun idea for felt. I'm also about halfway through my scarf. I joined a local crafting group and my first meetup with them will be this Thursday, so hopefully that will help keep me motivated.
New total 5/52post #293 of 5952/20/12 at 9:24pm
i'm editing this post to say I finished my DS's twin I-Spy quilt top. I have to go buy backing fabric for it, I think in a few minutes, and maybe I'll finish quilting it tonight.
Edited by ms.shell - 2/21/12 at 2:01pmpost #294 of 5952/23/12 at 7:01am
Alright! I finished DS's quilt for his new twin bed before DH even started building it!
I used rainbow variegated thread for the quilting, and then I used it to serge the edges. The serging instead of binding looks pretty cool, but I doubt it would be very hard wearing. I will have to buy fabric to make binding, though, so the serging works in the meantime!
That brings me to 6.post #295 of 5952/23/12 at 10:18ampost #296 of 5952/24/12 at 8:27am
Super cool MsShell! I never would have thought to serge the edges- but it would make it so much nicer for binding! Lucky little boy!
Anyone with some great baby shower gift ideas? For my cousins who I don't really know very well? I have 3 of them coming right up.... I was thinking a breastfeeding basket- but it would kind of surprise me if they bf :(. I suppose I could ask- but that would be kind of awkward. A carseat canopy? Another baby blanket? I don't really feel the need to spend hours making them baby quilts- so that is kind of out... Ideas please?post #297 of 5952/24/12 at 10:57am
Well, receiving blankets are super easy shower gifts whether you make them one layer on the serger or two layers and turn them. I have also given sweet toys as shower gifts, either a pretty patchwork ball with ribbon taggies, or that "Baby's 1st Book of Colors" crazy patchwork book. A little dolly is a fun gift for a baby girl, but for me a doll is even more complicated than a quilt. Once I used felt to make a thin stuffed butterfly with crinkle wings (SunChips bag in the wings) that hanged, from the crib or carrier or whatever.
I'm going to take just another half point for finishing up some nearly finished little things I found in cleaning my sewing room; I put the handles on a wine gift bag, hand sewed the openings on a handful of fleece dog bones- and something else I can't remember what, not to mention got the sewing room all cleaned.
Have a great weekend, mamas!post #298 of 5952/24/12 at 1:12pm
Beautiful blanket, Ms.Shell!
FrugalGranolamom, can't wait to see the felt board - I've been thinking about doing one in my son's room.
For me, we are staying home all weekend, no plans, woohoo! This means lots of house and craft projects will be completed (hopefully?). Will update after the weekend!post #299 of 5952/24/12 at 6:47pm
My current favourite easy baby present is appliqued body suits. You can also use t-shirts or singlets.
Buy plain body suits.
Cut a shape out of fabric. Sometimes I use the shape as the feature, other times I use the pattern on the fabric as the feature and fussy cut a square or rectangle. I have also cut out around large picture prints.
Adhere the fabric to the body suit using iron-on interfacing.
Machine or hand sew around the edge. I usually just do a straight machine stitch stitch but I've also experimented with chain stitch which looks really good. I used a double strand of sewing cotton but you could also use a couple of strands of embroidery floss.
Here are a couple I did for my LO. The first one is chain stitched the second one is sort of stem stitched but it's a bit messy.post #300 of 5952/25/12 at 10:49am
Ohhh I like that idea Katelove! I think I might do a double sided blanket- maybe one layer of flannel and one of quilters cotton and make a matching bodysuit or two! Maybe a burp rag to match! That is clever! Thanks!
- 52 Project Challege, 2012
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...
- › Any Single Mamas Who Choose Not to Date? 55 seconds ago
- › Buying a new house...thoughts on a duplex? 2 minutes ago
- › Enki Kindergarten Set 4 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 10 minutes ago
- › Best (or worst) comments made so far? 10 minutes ago
- › When do you tell family and older siblings? 12 minutes ago
- › gluten free egg free bread 14 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 17 minutes ago
- › pregnancy weight gain chat thread 26 minutes ago
- › Single and homeschooling? 28 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11