Finished another section on the never-ending project on Monday night. Now the kids are seeing that it's close to being finished and are starting to ask about it constantly, which is a little annoying but also motivating. The last section is going to be horrendous to get done, but if I can finish it by Monday I could put it up that day. . .I'll have help.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Craftstagged by System, 1/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- This week's giveaway! Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:32pm in Arts & Crafts
- I thought some of us would like this listing of sale for fiber arts! Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:31am in Arts & Crafts
- Need ideas for homemade gift for a 9 year old boy! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:16am in Arts & Crafts
- Craft ideas for young children Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:25am in Arts & Crafts
- What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? Last post on Today at 1:26 am in Arts & Crafts
Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids
Last edited: 12/5/13
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013Last edited: 11/26/13
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Why We Choose HomemadeLast edited: 6/22/13
- The Season of WonderLast edited: 5/3/13
52 Project Challege, 2012 - Page 15post #282 of 5952/15/12 at 8:01pmpost #283 of 5952/15/12 at 8:47pm
19/52. I made 2 of the cutest most awesome pocket diapers tonight! they are pul stabilized with flannel and lined with cotton velour stabilized with flannel. I bound them with contrasting foe and they turned out so stinking cute! DH was impressed even! I'm going to try stuffing them tomorrow- too tired right now. I also am down to half a row and binding off on my shawl. I knit like a crazy person today on the trip to get my Vday SERGER from DH! I don't think we were home for more than a quick potty break for everyone before I fired it up! I even served around the pocket diapers to keep all the layers together before I did the FOE. My DH is a sweetheart!post #284 of 5952/15/12 at 9:11pm
Pics please! They sound so cute!
Quote:Originally Posted by iowaorganic
19/52. I made 2 of the cutest most awesome pocket diapers tonight! they are pul stabilized with flannel and lined with cotton velour stabilized with flannel. I bound them with contrasting foe and they turned out so stinking cute! DH was impressed even! I'm going to try stuffing them tomorrow- too tired right now. I also am down to half a row and binding off on my shawl. I knit like a crazy person today on the trip to get my Vday SERGER from DH! I don't think we were home for more than a quick potty break for everyone before I fired it up! I even served around the pocket diapers to keep all the layers together before I did the FOE. My DH is a sweetheart!post #285 of 5952/18/12 at 6:55ampost #286 of 5952/19/12 at 12:08pm
Ok I finished a hat for a co-worker's baby. Another baby hat for my housemate's baby and a third for a friend's. I did all my bookmark Valentine's and ds made 30 homemade Valentine's (so I am counting his project too, because he's 4.5 and didn't do it alone!) I'm calling it 15/52! Now I wonder if I can count my Senior Assessment Portfolio for student teaching? I am no where near finished, but I work on it more than anything else!!!!post #287 of 5952/19/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by tbone_kneegrabber
Ok I finished a hat for a co-worker's baby. Another baby hat for my housemate's baby and a third for a friend's. I did all my bookmark Valentine's and ds made 30 homemade Valentine's (so I am counting his project too, because he's 4.5 and didn't do it alone!) I'm calling it 15/52! Now I wonder if I can count my Senior Assessment Portfolio for student teaching? I am no where near finished, but I work on it more than anything else!!!!
I think I counted student teaching the year I did that. ST was 12 weeks of stress, horror and near death experiences. You can count the Portfolio by all means!post #288 of 5952/19/12 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #289 of 5952/19/12 at 4:58pm
I FINISHED THE SHAWL!!!! I even have it blocking in the toy area! 20/52
I also spent my day yesterday crafting and finished
2 nursing night gowns for my pg friends 22/52
2 more diapers- which when clean I will post a pic 23/52
2 serged receiving blankets and a set of nursing pads- won't count these since they really took no time at all.
I also cast on for a bay hat... I would like to make a couple new baby hats for the same pg friends....
Yay for progress. I haven't done anything today other than block the shawl. I have been tearing apart my house and car looking for my checkbook. I am thinking it is a lost cause though....post #290 of 5952/19/12 at 5:18pm
Ok - I had to go waaaaaay back to find my (sad) count! I'm giving myself a point for starting my cross-stitch 'cause it took 3 weeks to gather everything together & actually start (after thinking about it even longer). I even finished stitching the first colour over the weekend.
I'm at a whopping 3 of 52, falling behind over here.post #291 of 5952/19/12 at 5:34pmThread Starterpost #292 of 5952/20/12 at 8:55am
Ok, finally got around to finishing a few things. After having to buy a new hot glue gun, I finished the felt board and felt characters for DS's board. I just did a handful to start with (cow, triceratops, snake, car, train, flower) and figure I can add to it throughout the year. A friend posted a template for Mr. Potato Head pieces on pinterest that looks like a fun idea for felt. I'm also about halfway through my scarf. I joined a local crafting group and my first meetup with them will be this Thursday, so hopefully that will help keep me motivated.
New total 5/52post #293 of 5952/20/12 at 9:24pmpost #294 of 5952/23/12 at 7:01am
Alright! I finished DS's quilt for his new twin bed before DH even started building it!
I used rainbow variegated thread for the quilting, and then I used it to serge the edges. The serging instead of binding looks pretty cool, but I doubt it would be very hard wearing. I will have to buy fabric to make binding, though, so the serging works in the meantime!
That brings me to 6.post #295 of 5952/23/12 at 10:18ampost #296 of 5952/24/12 at 8:27am
Super cool MsShell! I never would have thought to serge the edges- but it would make it so much nicer for binding! Lucky little boy!
Anyone with some great baby shower gift ideas? For my cousins who I don't really know very well? I have 3 of them coming right up.... I was thinking a breastfeeding basket- but it would kind of surprise me if they bf :(. I suppose I could ask- but that would be kind of awkward. A carseat canopy? Another baby blanket? I don't really feel the need to spend hours making them baby quilts- so that is kind of out... Ideas please?post #297 of 5952/24/12 at 10:57am
Well, receiving blankets are super easy shower gifts whether you make them one layer on the serger or two layers and turn them. I have also given sweet toys as shower gifts, either a pretty patchwork ball with ribbon taggies, or that "Baby's 1st Book of Colors" crazy patchwork book. A little dolly is a fun gift for a baby girl, but for me a doll is even more complicated than a quilt. Once I used felt to make a thin stuffed butterfly with crinkle wings (SunChips bag in the wings) that hanged, from the crib or carrier or whatever.
I'm going to take just another half point for finishing up some nearly finished little things I found in cleaning my sewing room; I put the handles on a wine gift bag, hand sewed the openings on a handful of fleece dog bones- and something else I can't remember what, not to mention got the sewing room all cleaned.
Have a great weekend, mamas!post #298 of 5952/24/12 at 1:12pm
Beautiful blanket, Ms.Shell!
FrugalGranolamom, can't wait to see the felt board - I've been thinking about doing one in my son's room.
For me, we are staying home all weekend, no plans, woohoo! This means lots of house and craft projects will be completed (hopefully?). Will update after the weekend!post #299 of 5952/24/12 at 6:47pm
My current favourite easy baby present is appliqued body suits. You can also use t-shirts or singlets.
Buy plain body suits.
Cut a shape out of fabric. Sometimes I use the shape as the feature, other times I use the pattern on the fabric as the feature and fussy cut a square or rectangle. I have also cut out around large picture prints.
Adhere the fabric to the body suit using iron-on interfacing.
Machine or hand sew around the edge. I usually just do a straight machine stitch stitch but I've also experimented with chain stitch which looks really good. I used a double strand of sewing cotton but you could also use a couple of strands of embroidery floss.
Here are a couple I did for my LO. The first one is chain stitched the second one is sort of stem stitched but it's a bit messy.post #300 of 5952/25/12 at 10:49am
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013
- › Low supply - What helped you? 16 seconds ago
- › Belly Bumps 51 seconds ago
- › Starting to freak out! 6 minutes ago
- › Long post - anxieties as the parent of a too smart kid 13 minutes ago
- › Bottle Feeders; How Do You Deal With Guilt? 18 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 21 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 31 minutes ago
- › Shameless Baby Pictures - For June DDC Babies!!! 38 minutes ago
- › Hair today... 39 minutes ago
- › Artificial food reaction... Normal? Dangerous? 41 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh