Oh yea.. binding.. Binding is on my list of the top 10 sewing things I hate to do.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Craftstagged by System, 1/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- how can I attach ladybug spots to a red shirt temporarily? Last post on 2/14/14 at 10:11am in Arts & Crafts
- 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects Last post on Yesterday at 12:46 pm in Arts & Crafts
- This week's giveaway! Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:32pm in Arts & Crafts
- I thought some of us would like this listing of sale for fiber arts! Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:31am in Arts & Crafts
- Need ideas for homemade gift for a 9 year old boy! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:16am in Arts & Crafts
Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids
Last edited: 12/5/13
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013Last edited: 11/26/13
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Why We Choose HomemadeLast edited: 6/22/13
- The Season of WonderLast edited: 5/3/13
52 Project Challege, 2012 - Page 18post #341 of 5953/6/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #342 of 5953/6/12 at 1:35pmpost #343 of 5953/6/12 at 2:27pmpost #344 of 5953/9/12 at 6:32am
1. Embellished freebie lap top bag & made coordinating mouse pad for DD #1's hand-me down lap top-- cute & done
2. Knit heavy weight balaclava & lighter weight winter headband to coordinate with this year's snow suit (in circulation since October--better latethan never)--done
3/4. Knit up additional winter warm stuff coordinate better with other new in circulation snow gear (x2)
5. Sew bed side caddy thing for DD#2
6. Re-Upholster recliner chair (intimidating--must get my nerve up to properly tackle this job)--YAY! Done and awesome!!!
7. Embellish "boyish" fleece jacket to make it "girlish" (as requested by DD#1)
8. Spur-of-the-the moment felt mouse valentine candy box toy
9/10. Prairie bonnets and 'pockets' for Valentine's Day (x2)
11/12. Throw pillows for living room to coordinate with newly redone chair
13. Made custom mattress for DD2's antique child's sleigh bed
14. Knit hat for light weight jacket
15. Rag rug pillow
- Continue wool rag rug project
- Continue yo-yo wall hanging
- Quilted Pillow
- baby gift
Quilted duvet cover
Rag rug pillow
Caddy for bathroom stuff
Spring tote bag
Cool picnic blanket inspired by Gardenbelle!
Use materials from stash as much as possible
Plan ahead carefully for big projects (like chair upholstery project) requiring purchase of supplies--spent less than $70 to redo recliner chair with enough fabric left over for another project!!
Turn upstairs spare room (currently unfinished and used for storage) and turn it into a dedicated & ORGANIZED studio/work space
Have a mix of projects going so there is always something to grab and work on during spare moments of kids practices/classes/activities
Running total: 15/52 (including some big ones!)post #345 of 5953/9/12 at 7:24ampost #346 of 5953/10/12 at 6:22am
Darn fabric stores... Get me every time. I found the cutest fancy nancy fabric to make DD a dress for spring. She went nuts over it- so I guess I did a good job :) My goal is to get that dress made today when the kids go to their aunts house. I also bought the skirt portion of a dress for me- I am going to take a cute top and cut that shorter and add the knit. Hopefully that happens today as well. And I also have 6 diapers in the works that are started- I just am still figuring out my serger and having a little trouble getting the edges serged. I have the elastic in them. And I need to make the doublers for them too I guess. I think I about have enough old shirts of DHs to make DS3 maybe another half dozen or so and then I will take my new fresh pretty flannel and make new kid stash. I also finally bought a snap pliers and will try that out on both the diapers and some little kimono tops I want to make for the new kid.
Oh and the prison will take my old random fabric- like jeans and stuff! So excited- my goal is to get that stuff out of my sewing room today and drop it off tomorrow- that will clear out a lot of room :)post #347 of 5953/10/12 at 8:56ampost #348 of 5953/11/12 at 9:53am
I would love to join in this thread. :) I have a lot of projects to get done, and also want to work on our Christmas and birthday stuff early since we're expecting in November. Every birthday in our circle of friends and family is from October through December, so we have a LOT going on around that time. I need to be as prepared as possible. :) I'll work on my list soon!
2. These coasters are cheap, easy, adorable and would be a great gift for Bonnie, Susan, Grammy, Mom, MIL, SIL and Rachel
3. This dry-erase calendar is awesome and would be perfect for SIL
4. I love these mini polaroid-style magnets, and could make some for Mom, Rachel, Bonnie, and Laura
5. I want to make some prayer flags for our front porch
6. These are great for teacher gifts at the end of the year - plant some things with my DD's to give.
7. This glazed terra cotta tier is perfect for jewelry! I know Bonnie would love it, and probably mom
8. I love this cute idea for a "family tree" - for us, SIL/BIL, Brother & fam, Laura
9. These marshmallow shooters would be really cute for the boys~!
10. My mom would love this earring frame, along with some handmade earrings
11. Canvas photos are always a great gift. Us, MIL, Susan, and Grammy
14. Speaking of babies - this is such a cute way to dress up receiving blankets (here's a tutorial)
15. These cute headbands would be awesome for Anna, and super fast/easy. Maybe make some matching / extras for quick/easy gifts for classmates who invite her to a birthday party.
16. Cover our dining table in oil cloth for easy care
17. Love this idea of a 4x6 photo album recipe book. Make for us, Bonnie, Nikki, Laura, Rachel, SIL, Robin, Tricia, and Kay (for Kay - a belated wedding gift?)
18. Square board with casters underneath to make scooter boards for the kids - paint them or decoupage them to make them unique.
19. Stilts would be fun to make and hubby could help. Maybe from old crutches? Use this as an idea. Great gift for the boys and Anna.
There are TONS of baby projects in my to-do lists, but the above are a must for now, to have everything as prepped as possible for Oct - Dec. :) I'll also be painting as much as possible, and doing some home improvements. :)
Edited by greenmamato2 - 4/3/12 at 12:11pmpost #349 of 5953/11/12 at 7:15pm
29/52. I got the six almost totally recycled diapers done. You know- they didn't turn out that ugly on... And they will be perfect for DS3 to play outside in this spring and summer... I pulled out a bunch more of DHs shirts- so probably another 6-8 and then the kids should have enough diapers...
I spent this afternoon working on DDs fancy nancy dress- which is a really simple pattern... But I am making her a pouffy slip to go under it. That is something i have wanted to do for a couple of years now. I am using an undershirt for the top and doing tiers for the skirt. I have a gathering foot for my sewing machine that is making it much easier. Then I am serging the layers together. I started out with pink- but due to me not really measuring I will have to use something else for the bottom tier... Ugh. It is a slip though- so probably not a big deal- but regardless.... I can't get fabric to match either... Oh well- I should be able to come up with something cute and I am going to put lace along the whole bottom :)post #350 of 5953/13/12 at 11:32amThread Starterpost #351 of 5953/13/12 at 12:41pmpost #352 of 5953/13/12 at 12:46pmThread Starter
I think I found the costume for DS for Halloween.. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/prince-charming-costume-tutorial-from.html The girls want to be princess Ballerinas so I thought this would be a cute costume for DS. Now I just have to figure out something for baby-to-be, Im thinking princess if its a girl.. Boy, umm, not sure.post #353 of 5953/13/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
I've been here 10 months and think we are moving in 2 months... time to pack... wait I didn't finish unpacking yet.... oh he!!.... I may just leave it all and drive off, they can keep my pittance of a security deposit and call it even LOL The furniture is junk and I will pack the car with what is important to us! What do you say??
As for the Halloween thoughts.... I can not even think to next week, let alone October....post #354 of 5953/13/12 at 3:06pmpost #355 of 5953/13/12 at 6:26pm
I made the slip- turned out fabulously twirly! And I didn't have to switch fabric :) so that is 30/52. I also made 2 cute maternity tanks from that creative hub link. Super cute- and comfy. I did buy the shirts that I started with- but they were super Target clearance anyway- so I am good with it- they look so nice too- not like my worn out looking maternity clothes... 31/52.
Still need to finish the fancy nancy dress for DD- I cut the skirt a little long and need to decide if I want to trim or just make a nice wide hem- I think I would rather go that way :) And put in the zipper- I hate zippers.
I have another 2 maternity up cycles planned- so I should get going on those- then I should be pretty well set for spring maternity clothes- which I have never really needed too much before.
Maybe when I get them all done I will post pics.post #356 of 5953/13/12 at 9:54pm
Welcome greenmamato2! I love your project ideas and look forward to seeing your progress!
iowaorganic - you better post some pics of that cute girly dress, I totally want to see.
zebra15 - you too! I want to see what the leg warmers look like! :)
For me - I found some drapes for our living room and hemmed them, finished 5 more switch changes for my electrical project and I have only about 7 more to go. Nothing got done for my spring garden except my kitchen garden (planted some more sage, thyme and chives). I've been sucked into the Pinterest idea warp and now want to switch to raised beds but can't decide on the layout. This week, I am going to try to finish up my electrical project and I need to start working on a baby shower gift. I'm also entertaining adding a new project to the list: a quail cage/compost bin/bunny hutch with a roof made to be a planter with fragrant herbs to counteract any smells and give me another garden space. I was thinking of making the bottom of the cages hardware cloth so that the poop would fall right into the compost bin. I don't know how it's going to work out or if it will have all of the above, but it's taking up some of my time with the planning of it all!post #357 of 5953/14/12 at 11:00am
Well, I keep adding to my list instead of doing anything. The baby has really been into tags and textures, so I want to make him a mini tag blanket type thing, and a texture book. And I want to knit him a small car seat blanket because there's a new knitting group in my neighborhood and I need an excuse to go, and he does need one since his usual car seat blanket is getting kind of gross.post #358 of 5953/14/12 at 11:27am
Gardenbelle - Your projects sound amazing! I so wish I had a neighbor or someone else here who could share these types of interests with me. :) Great job on getting things done and making progress, and I'm impressed by your wonderful ideas! The bunny hutch/garden/compost thing sounds amazing! I would love to see any designs/photos you have for it. I'm hoping to get angora bunnies in the next year or two (may be next year as we are expecting a baby this year and I'm not sure I'll have much time for anything else while we prepare).post #359 of 5953/14/12 at 1:10pmpost #360 of 5953/14/12 at 1:38pm
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Anyone else freaking re:nutrition? 19 seconds ago
- › What's next mom?? 1 minute ago
- › upsetting appointment 1 minute ago
- › Third Trimester! 1 minute ago
- › Any other moms expecting #5 or more? 3 minutes ago
- › basis of argument 3 minutes ago
- › can't find heartbeat on my home doppler 4 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 6 minutes ago
- › Christian moms March '14 6 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher