yes, i managed the swiming Bejeweled, and it was a very nice "break-time"
(to be able to go by myself & not to have ... people talking to me LOL !!!!)
swim yesterday afternoon was followed by a one hour session with a "free" (for the moment) local psychologist
so that i can talk through some of the issues that are bothering me now
DD2 is going to be able to have a session in a few days too,
she's been anxious about our health issues lately so i think i "should do something about it" except i'm not quite sure what ...
this morning started well, i managed to
- clear up breakfast, shine the sink
- sanitize toilet
- one load done and up on the drying rack (pitty it's been raining since yesterday and rain forecast for another 2 days ..... hopefully it will finish drying inside duringthe night ... am still putting it outside on the balcony so that it doesn't feel too crowded in the dining-room cum lounge !!!)
- talk to a few people i had to talk to at kindergarten when dropping DD2
- pick up new checkbook from bank
- send a few e-mails and arranged for the play date to switch from park to library for tomorrow
- made a slightly hotter lentil curry this time and didn't quite transform the rice in glue
(pity i indulged in TWO large bowls instead of small bowl BEFORE danse class,
note to self = eat less next Tuesday morning before danse class, too uncomfortable during class ...)
- prepare dance class by watching the little snippets i filmed last time .... thaught i knew it all
... but then got depressed during class when i couldn't make sense of the bit we were learning today
AND realised that i didn't quite learn properly the beginning of the routine from what i filmed last time ...
maybe it's just the rain and the grey sky & by next week-end i'll feel fine again ...
i forgot to mention something that did me good yesterday
on the way to the pool i dropped some cookies (in 20 little baggies) at DS school
(cookies i've made in 3 batches over the week-end)
one of the teacher is trying to fund transport for one of the outings the class will do later on by selling cakes and the like to some of the teachers during the day
so parents are requested to take turns on Tuesdays to send something they have made that teachers might want to buy and eat when they grab a coffee during the day => i put some in foil with a nice string and label for the lady manning the door (a 900 students school, it's a hard job !) ... whom i got to know a little via a mutual aquaintance last year & she didn't expect it and seemed really pleased with attention
=> i need to re-focus my brain away from the rain, grey sky, feeling of failure at the dance class
and re-focus my thoughts towards the "feel-good" i produced then ....