didn't do much yesterday
today, did quite a few "15 minutes" bursts
SO that i can go & swim (if i get on the "right" bus, the two nearest pool are being cleaned during the school holidays ...)
- washed up shined the sink// sanitised toilet/ cleaned sink and inside of bath
- swept and mopped the long front balcony (including using a knitting needle to go and rake inside the water evacuation pipes so that they don't get clogged at the next big storm)
- one load done and up on said long (and clean now !) long balcony
- swept and mopped kitchen and toilet floor
- found the remaining skein of wook i had misplaced (tomorrow, planning to go back to the indoor carpeted play area where i chat and knit and crochet with with a friend .... am looking forward to knitting some more .... though that is a bit of a conflict since a new year's resolution i'd like to implement would be to spend time on the slides and trampoline with the children instead of sending them off so that i can feel kid-less for a little while ....
- replied to a few e-mail (still in shock, someone i knew from school, like ... in the late 70's.... is separating from her husband after 34 years together ....)
- proof-read a story installment written by DD1 to be sent to our local expat newsletter before the deadline tomorrow (she's writing a short story in 10 installments, September to June, i wonder where she gets that imagination .... certainly not from me LOL, am in admiration of her ability ...)
i wonder now where the time has gone ... i mean, i've been "doing stuff" for more than 2 hours .... but writing it now, it doesn't seem like much after all !!!!
have been sometimes regretting over the last year that my children won't get to see their only remaining grand-mother ... but on the other hand am SO relieved that i no longer have to deal with the "survive family get together" issues ... it's hard to be sure that whatever decisions i took when i put my foot down/set some limits/got more "vocal" to be finally heard ... will be the "right ones" in the long term ...
am definite that i want to protect my children from the emotional turmoil that breaks us when in touch with the ILs ... yet right now, am not sure that/if DH wouldn't need emotional support from his family of origin .... am not sure he wants it, am not sure they would want to give it to him, even be capable of giving it to him ....yet am conscious of having burned bridges ... mind you, I didn't burn bridges actually ... i just stated my opinion, which wasn't painting the perfect picture they wanted & it's their side who decided that NOBODY in the whole of England wanted to talk to me so i'd better keep off the land & not contact anyone .... don't know if it is because i'm perverse, but when i found out from SIL that one cousin was being ordained a vicar last summer & there would be a pot luck in a school the evening we were landing nearby for a week's holiday ... i just COULDN' t resist telling DH that indeed she was the cousin he most wanted to see, so why not drop by in such a public place amongst CHRISTIAN people ...who surely would be above creating family drama .... all went reasonnably well, we arrived before the end, found a shop a few minutes before arriving so didn't arrive empty handed either, DH's sister ignored me (which suited me very well) but asked DH to say sorry (he still doesn't know what about but complied ... because some family members act a bit like bullies ....)
& i 'st a pity am still raw about part of the issue ... i have a few mugs i baught at the church the following day after her first service there .... most day, i drink tea frome these .... makes me feel that i got my revenge (look, MIL ... how childish were you reactions last spring .... i got there anyway AND talked with some family members ....) => am praying for a day when i don't feel much about the whole issue now ....