hello everyone !
today is the day when our visitors from the US come for an evening meal with us ....
i still have two hot spots that need attending to but so far we managed to
- dust (i delegated to the children, baught 3 microfibre dusting gloves a little while ago) & asked them to also wipe the light switch with a wet and well wrung dusting glove
- vaccuum more or less everywhere (everyone did a little area)
- mop the kitchen
- shop for a last minute item & took the children with their scooter all the way to town/the shop/the hotel
- drop by some small gifts at their hotel (we bumped into them, so gave each their gift, it's a group of 5 retired ladies, ... they had just arrived and were sorting out changes at reception ....so we showed and explained the bus route/map/timetable for tonight ...)
- served lunch (my apple tart was nice to eat but the filling was not top this time, falling apart ....)
hopefully the children will now go out with DH
so that i can
- wash up and shine the sink
- make cinnamon cookies in the shape or a butterfly (takes one hour including cleaning up)
- get round to cooking that half shoulder of lamb (wanted to serve cold meat and salad for dinner)
- finish cleaning surfaces in the kitchen
- clean the toilet and the two water points in our bathroom
& maybe have time for a little sewing that i'm late about ...
in 3 hours time DS is going to start on his fruit salad
DD1 will make icing for the cupcakes she made last night ....
Edited by IsaFrench - 4/14/13 at 7:28am