Originally Posted by MamaFern
Almost done my kids room! waiting on some boxes so I can pack up most of their books and toys. we are going to move in the next while (hopefully sooner than later), and I really want to get some things packed and put away so I don't have to clean and organize it all at the same time! I have already packed up their playmobil into a big heavy duty zippered bag from IKEA. They want the LEGO left out but other than that, some bedtime books and the things needed for home-schooling, im going to put it all away. I find if I do this they are so happy when they see it again, so it works multiple ways!
also worked on my laundry room this am. got all but one load washed and dried. de-cluttered the shelf and vaccumed the floor.. i have a few bags of baby clothes to give away and some shoes in a bag to sort out and try on the kids..they are stored on the change table that now is used as a shelf in there. i have a few loads of washing to sort and put away.
also mopped the bathroom floor. not intentionally...my cat jumped up on a shelf and knocked over something glass filled with liquid. charming...
When I was a kid, the Lego was definitely the best toy I knew. No other toy could be both a strange robot for my brother to play with, a beautiful tranquil garden (complete with guard house against said robot) and a dog kennel for my sisters giant Bellville puppies. :)
As for that floor...perhaps the cat was trying to be helpful in its own way? "This be clutter! Gone with you!" Not its fault it has no proper hands to grip and move things with, is it? And in any case, never hurts to mop the floor. Which reminds me, I really should at least vaccuum ours today.
I began my day with a phone call from the work agency, telling me they wanted some more information. Not too hopeful about actually getting the job, but it is a move in the right direction at least. :)
So far I have:
- Got up and dressed, all the way to sheepskin slippers (very good for avoiding calluses).
- Made my bed.
- Folded away clothes floating around.
- Folded towels I used yesterday, and put them on my hamper, so I know they are okay to use again for me but no one else uses them.
- Had lunch/brunch in the form of two toasts, a glass of milk and two eggs. A bit excessive, perhaps, but I've been only having dark bread and butter for the last half month and we got money today. So a bit of celebration was in order. :)
- Made dinner. Left over apple and curry sauce, with macaroni. Very quick (all but ten minutes) and delicious.
Let's see what the rest of the day brings. :)
Edited by Lovesong - 1/26/12 at 11:16am