or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) - Page 19

post #361 of 1665

Hi all asl.gif I had a mid-week slump but got everything in good order by Saturday night. There were ants, not swarms but more than just a couple, in the bathroom for most of the week. It started after the toilet overflowed (no solids, but still- toilet water!) and I should have disinfected then but it was late and it was all I could do to mop it up bag.gif and then a little vinegar really didn't take care of it.... anyway I got around to the vinegar spray + H2O2 spray at the end of the week and that mostly got rid of the ants.... well tonight I found a veritable swarm on the kitchen floor! And I've been vacuuming the main areas regularly, just swept steam mopped the floor the other night! Why?!?! ...so I had to make up a spray bottle with nail polish remover and water and now they're all dead and the scent trails hopefully obliterated. Will have to steam mop again tomorrow! What else did I do twice this week? Oh, laundry! So, everything is straightened and put away, but obviously there is always more to do!!! I'm hoping to do better this week than I did last week, I think it's a matter of energy.

 

Best of luck to you all!!

post #362 of 1665

Besides my Mommy duties I did:

 

Dishes

Laundry

Mopped kitchen floor

Vacuumed

Cooked dinner

Took the trash out

 

Another new goal is, to work on on room per day. Like, really dust it, etc etc.

post #363 of 1665

Have you tried sprinkling cinnamon where they are at? They don't like cinnamon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucifugous View Post

Hi all asl.gif I had a mid-week slump but got everything in good order by Saturday night. There were ants, not swarms but more than just a couple, in the bathroom for most of the week. It started after the toilet overflowed (no solids, but still- toilet water!) and I should have disinfected then but it was late and it was all I could do to mop it up bag.gif and then a little vinegar really didn't take care of it.... anyway I got around to the vinegar spray + H2O2 spray at the end of the week and that mostly got rid of the ants.... well tonight I found a veritable swarm on the kitchen floor! And I've been vacuuming the main areas regularly, just swept steam mopped the floor the other night! Why?!?! ...so I had to make up a spray bottle with nail polish remover and water and now they're all dead and the scent trails hopefully obliterated. Will have to steam mop again tomorrow! What else did I do twice this week? Oh, laundry! So, everything is straightened and put away, but obviously there is always more to do!!! I'm hoping to do better this week than I did last week, I think it's a matter of energy.

 

Best of luck to you all!!



 

post #364 of 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifugous View Post

Hi all asl.gif I had a mid-week slump but got everything in good order by Saturday night. There were ants, not swarms but more than just a couple, in the bathroom for most of the week. It started after the toilet overflowed (no solids, but still- toilet water!) and I should have disinfected then but it was late and it was all I could do to mop it up bag.gif and then a little vinegar really didn't take care of it.... anyway I got around to the vinegar spray + H2O2 spray at the end of the week and that mostly got rid of the ants.... well tonight I found a veritable swarm on the kitchen floor! And I've been vacuuming the main areas regularly, just swept steam mopped the floor the other night! Why?!?! ...so I had to make up a spray bottle with nail polish remover and water and now they're all dead and the scent trails hopefully obliterated. Will have to steam mop again tomorrow! What else did I do twice this week? Oh, laundry! So, everything is straightened and put away, but obviously there is always more to do!!! I'm hoping to do better this week than I did last week, I think it's a matter of energy.

 

Best of luck to you all!!

If you can put it where kids and animals can't get to it, you can make your own ant bait. This stuff works like a charm for me. I put a bit on a used canning jar lid or piece of cardboard and stick it where I won't mind the ants swarming to at first. And now you have me wondering if the ants were in our bathroom last week because DH overflowed the toilet. winky.gif
 

 

post #365 of 1665
post #366 of 1665
Good Morning. Today I didn't feel too well. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Today I:
*made breakfast and teapot2.GIF
*got DD off to school
*mailed a thank you note
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*rested a lot sleeping.gif
*cooked
*took DD to horseriding treehugger.gif
Edited by *bejeweled* - 2/21/12 at 6:29pm
post #367 of 1665

Woo-hoo! I made a double batch of Chili Beans, as well as Shepherd's Pie! Go me! That will greatly ease my cooking load for the week. :-)

 

post #368 of 1665

Hello everyone...I have been naughty and not doing as much cleaning as I should....time to get back on track, so jumping in here again.

 

Done so far today:

 

emptied upstrs dishwasher

made beds

hung out towels

brought in washing

 

to do:

 

DD's room

load of washing on

hang out washing

file nails

vacuum ensuite

vacuum DS's room

vacuum hallway

mop ensuite

vacuum downstairs kitchen

mop dstrs kitchen

vacuum dstrs hallway

mop dstrs hallway

vacuum lounge

vacuum drstrs bathroom

empty vacuum

do layout for challenge

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by clutterwarrior - 2/21/12 at 6:37pm
post #369 of 1665

 


Daily:

 

Make 1 Administrative Call, taking Notes

Complete 1 Administrative Task

Make Bed

Empty Trash

Scoop/Clean Litter Box

Feed Cats

Fold & Put away a load of laundry

Wash and hang a load of laundry

Take Vitamins (& give DS his)

Plan & Cook Supper

Wash Breakfast, Lunch and Supper dishes

Sweep Kitchen

Clean the Kitchen Sink and Counters

Wipe out Bathroom Sink

Read to boys

Quiet Time

Exercise

Prepare Tomorrow's Clothing, Diaper Bag, Personal Bag, etc.

Prepare Tomorrow's To Do List

5 Minute Room Rescue--actually did 2!

 

 

Wednesday:

 

Change Dish Cloth & Towel

Change Hand Towel

Dust Living Room

Clip Children's Nails

Clean Bottom Drawers of Refrigerator

Clean Refrigerator Door Shelves

Clean bedroom mirrors

Clean wallet,  diaper and writing bags

Clean light switches

Deuteronomy 22-27 


Edited by PoetryLover - 2/23/12 at 3:51pm
post #370 of 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post

Posting for Tuesday since I don't usually get here until the afternoon.

 

Hopes for the day:

*walk or do DVD walking workout

*make some copies from a pain management book I'm reading so I can record my pain levels

*swiffer and mop the kitchen

*clean fronts and insides of 4 drawers in the kitchen

*look at some fabric in the closet to see if it would be suitable to sew into family cloth


Been in quite a bit of pain today so didn't get much done. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

 

post #371 of 1665
Hello. Today has been a low energy day. I'm taking it easy.

So far I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*went to an appointment
*went to the grocery store
*picked up lunch
*sorted laundry
*washed a load of laundry
*made dinner
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters

I hope to:
*read and relax and journal notes.gif

Have a good night.
Edited by *bejeweled* - 2/22/12 at 7:07pm
post #372 of 1665

My one goal today I want to accomplish is not going on Facebook. How can one site be so addictive. Ahhhhh!

post #373 of 1665

Hope you're feeling better than earlier, *bejeweled*.

EuroMama, Facebook is terribly addictive! Just staying away from FB can help us get so much more done.

 

A slow start for me today. So far I have:

*gotten dressed

*used the heating pad on my back

*taken care of email and Facebook stuff

*made a phone call

 

Today I will:

*hang laundry to dry

*walk or do a DVD walking workout

*reply to a certain email

*clean at least 2 kitchen drawers, hopefully 4

*make a simple dinner (pancakes and a sauce to use up blueberries in the freezer?)

 

Today I hope to:

*do maintenance on my computer

*read an essay and email that DS1 wrote, and hopefully get back to him about it

*make some copies out of a book, if we walk outside rather than doing the DVD workout

 

Since we went out for a walk, I took 27 items to the Salvation Army drop-off and also took an old cell phone to be recycled. I picked up a few groceries and our meds. (And I bought a new top on clearance for only $7.49, woot!)


Edited by Arianwen1174 - 2/22/12 at 10:09pm
post #374 of 1665

Ugh I know....


 

The chores I did today were:

 

Vacuum living room

Loaded dishwasher

Laundry (Have yet to fold)

Dusted tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post

 

EuroMama, Facebook is terribly addictive! Just staying away from FB can help us get so much more done.

 


 


Edited by EuroMama - 2/23/12 at 8:37am
post #375 of 1665

 


Daily:

 

Make 1 Administrative Call, taking Notes

Complete 1 Administrative Task

Make Bed

Empty Trash

Scoop/Clean Litter Box

Feed Cats

Fold & Put away a load of laundry

Wash and hang a load of laundry

Take Vitamins (& give DS his)

Plan & Cook Supper

Wash Breakfast, Lunch and Supper dishes

Sweep Kitchen

Clean the Kitchen Sink and Counters

Wipe out Bathroom Sink

Read to boys

Quiet Time

Exercise

Prepare Tomorrow's Clothing, Diaper Bag, Personal Bag, etc.

Prepare Tomorrow's To Do List

5 Minute Room Rescue

 

 

Thursday:

 

 

Dust living room

Sweep & Mop

Clip Children's Nails 

 

Clean wallet,  diaper and writing bags

Clean light switches

Deuteronomy 22-27 

Locate a binder for an Idea File

 

 

Extras:

 

Made Banana Bread

Made Neatloaf (vegetarian meatloaf) for tomorrow's supper


Edited by PoetryLover - 2/23/12 at 6:16pm
post #376 of 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post

EuroMama, Facebook is terribly addictive! Just staying away from FB can help us get so much more done.

 

 



Oh my goodness! I just took a few week hiatus from facebook where I deactivated my account.I am spending much less time there these days.

post #377 of 1665
Hello.
I feel so much better. I went to the doctor and was so reassured. smile.gif I'm going to change one of my medicines for my blood pressure.

So far I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*went to the doctor
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
*started washing a bunch of clothes and sheets. Load #4 in.
*cleaned the funky litter box yikes.gif
*took a long nap sleeping.gif
*made dinner
*watched Swamp People smile.gif
Edited by *bejeweled* - 2/23/12 at 9:16pm
post #378 of 1665
nod.gif I quit FB a few years back. It frees up so much time and emotional space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Oh my goodness! I just took a few week hiatus from facebook where I deactivated my account.I am spending much less time there these days.
post #379 of 1665

I haven't been doing much at all lately. Ive been soo tired its been hard just to keep up with the kids. I need to get some stuff done soon because we have mattresses delivered sometime this weekend.

 

Today Im going to:

finish up a project Im working on

lasagna, garlic bread and salad for dinner

clean up the front room

vacuum the front room

pick up around the kitchen

have DH change the kitty litter

sweep/mop the kitchen

put away the dishes and finish doing dishes

finish putting away the kitchen items from the boxes in the kitchen.

post #380 of 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

Hello.
I feel so much better. I went to the doctor and was so reassured. :) I'm going to change one of my medicines for my blood pressure.
So far I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*took out the trash
*went to the doctor
*rinsed the dishes and cleaned the counters
I hope to:
*wash a bunch of clothes and sheets
*clean the funky litter box :eek

I'm so glad you're feeling better and are getting your medicine rearranged. It can make so much difference.
 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

I haven't been doing much at all lately. Ive been soo tired its been hard just to keep up with the kids. I need to get some stuff done soon because we have mattresses delivered sometime this weekend.

 

Today Im going to:

finish up a project Im working on

lasagna, garlic bread and salad for dinner

clean up the front room

vacuum the front room

pick up around the kitchen

have DH change the kitty litter

sweep/mop the kitchen

put away the dishes and finish doing dishes

finish putting away the kitchen items from the boxes in the kitchen.

hug2.gif Sorry things are overwhelming right now. It's been a long time but I can remember the massive tiredness of early pregnancy. Sending lots of energy!

 

 

I got up at a decent hour today but haven't gotten anything done yet. Argh! Oh well, now I'll get moving and will be able to get some good stuff done.

Today I need to:

*hang the laundry that didn't get hung to dry last night

*do DVD walking workout

*shower

*clean bathroom

*read from pain management book

*read my son's essay, which I keep putting off

 

I hope to:

*sort through the pantry closet

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread)