Hi I was wondering if anyone knows any meal ides or recipes without nuts, soy, gluten, or dairy. I have severe allergies. Most sites are not very helpful everything has soy I was shocked at that I mean EVERYTHING its crazy. Can't tomatoe sauce just be tomatoes and spices like really they put all of this crap into our food it's amazing!!
- topicAllergiestagged by System, 1/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Allergy help Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:48am in Allergies
- Possible eosinophilic disorder Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:03am in Allergies
- DS2 doesnt digest food well Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:28am in Allergies
- Can food allergies manifest as face bltchiness/under eye redness? Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:01pm in Allergies
- Eliminating wheat/dairy/corn to heal allergies/asthma Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:46am in Allergies
SOY, DAIRY, GLUTEN, AND NUT FREE RECIPES??
It's in a lot of processed foods, but if you just start buying produce and meats and making your own meals you'll be ok :) I'm allergic to all those plus a lot more, so you must have more options than me.
Can you do hempmilk? Last night I made butternut squash soup- it's super easy. It's 6 cups butternut squash, about 2 cups chicken broth. I've been using frozen squash to save time, you just let it heat up in the broth for a bit, then put the mixture in the blender or a food processor to make it smooth. Then I add a little salt, pepper, ginger, and you can add honey or sugar if you can tolerate it. The recipe originally called for 4tbsp. I pretty much don't measure the spices, just do it to taste- but it's like 1/8 tsp of ginger. Then add a little hempmilk in the end if you want it to be creamier. About 4 oz.
I eat a lot of things like, plain green beans, roasted sweet potato in the oven with some olive oil and salt and pepper, fish
You can make fish and chips gluten free pretty easily. Just coat cod or another white fish you like, with egg. Then mix a gluten free flour you like with some paprika and salt and pepper, dredge the fish in that, and fry in a little olive oil. Then make french fries with some potatoes and olive oil.
Or you can just bake fish- I don't know what kind of fish you have in your region- but here's a recipe we love here being in the NW:
We eat a lot of chicken- baked, coated in olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon, chopped up garlic. You just have to find chicken that hasn't been packed in a broth. Foster farms seems fine to me, or even better maybe you have a local farmer you could get it from- so you'd know it didn't have anything weird in it.
You can do salads, any vegetable you like and can tolerate, soups with chicken broth and vegetables. Omelettes.
Thanks for the tips I know sometimes soy can be in broths too unless you make it yourself. There are so many other words used for soy the list goes on forever. I will try that website and as for homemade cooking I do a lot of. Everything just needs to be made fresh. No milk or dairy at all. I blend fresh strawberries, pineapple, raspberries, bananas, and some orange juice like a smoothie, and drink it 3 or more times a day as something to drink along with eating meats that's been meals for a while :(. It's not until you have allergies that you realize what's really in food. I have heard that olive oil has vitamin E which is a part of soy? Not sure about that.
What kind of recipe's are you looking for? We are grain free, dairy free, and legume free (which includes soy and peanuts). We do eat nuts such as almonds, pecans, and walnuts. I can still probably help you with some recipe ideas if you let me know what kind of stuff you are looking for. Can you eat coconut?
Yup, these are the recipes we use as well. Also check out paleoparents.com they are a great resource and have a children's cookbook coming out in March. Also, if you can do coconut check out http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/
- › help with charting please 4 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 10 minutes ago
- › Placenta Plans? 13 minutes ago
- › birth stories! 16 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 17 minutes ago
- › Weighing my options, please help me think this through 21 minutes ago
- › Enter the Hyland's Holiday Challenge! 23 minutes ago
- › Cravings and aversions... do they switch places? 30 minutes ago
- › 3 year old won't eat anything remotely healthy. 40 minutes ago
- › This article bothers me. What do you think? 54 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo