I am 37 weeks with di/di twins. So far I have had a very uneventful pregnancy. The only unfortunate thing being that baby A switched to breech at 28 weeks and has not turned back. My OB would have been comfortable with a vaginal delivery as long as A was vertex. Now I've gotten to a point where they want to talk about scheduling a section. She initially suggested 38 weeks but after I asked whether I could wait a little longer said that she would be willing to schedule it for 39 at the latest. I'm fine with 39 (although the thought of going 2 more weeks sounds like hell). So, from my understanding the advantages of waiting a little longer would be that the babies might be more ready, they might be better at breastfeeding, and my body if it goes into labor before then might be more ready to breastfeed. Possible disadvantages, according to OB are that I could develop pre-e or if my water breaks I might get a prolapsed cord (since they're breech and the head wouldn't block the cervix). Then of course she brought up the whole placentas getting old thing which kind of sounds like bunk to me. I mean, it just doesn't seem like I'm a lot more likely to develop these things at 39 weeks than 38. I think my husband would like to compromise with 38 1/2. Also, somehow my age factors into this as well (I'm 37). I think if I don't develop any issues between now and my next appointment there is no reason to schedule it before 39 weeks.
What do you ladies think?