My 8 year old daughter had some sort of reaction to something, and her lips are swollen, bright red, and extremely dry. She said they're numb.
Is there a natural remedy for this?
I've been having her drink a ton of water, and I was going to do benedryl, but the only kind I have in the house is some purple crap that's for sinus/allergies and it has 4 different drugs in it, aside from the artificial colors and flavors. (My husband bought it...he couldn't find any of the clear stuff that has less crap in it.)
Her throat feels fine, she says, so her lips are the only concern. They look terrible, and she is having trouble speaking.
Thanks for any insight.
P.S. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I can't figure out what she's allergic to.