Thanks, Mama!! Love your edit, btw.
Related Forum Threads
- What do you do when your child bites? Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Gentle Discipline
- I DID IT!!! YAY....... or NOT :( Last post on Yesterday at 2:55 am in Toddlers
- sensitive to rejection Last post on Yesterday at 3:45 pm in The Childhood Years
- How do I get my friend to discourage her kid's aggression? Last post on 5/21/13 at 8:45am in Toddlers
- My 3 year old is freaking me out Last post on 5/20/13 at 11:49pm in Parenting
There Is Not Always a "Fix" For the Difficult Child
Edited on 4/29/13
- Being Wrong is RightEdited on 3/20/13
- The Whole-Brain ChildEdited on 2/23/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Edited on 11/19/12
- 14 Things About a 14-Month-Old BabyEdited on 3/5/13
My son acts like a girl - help me please! - Page 6post #102 of 1071/25/13 at 4:57pmpost #103 of 1071/26/13 at 4:08pmpost #104 of 1071/26/13 at 4:57pmpost #105 of 1071/30/13 at 3:37pm
I'm glad this post exists. It is here as a cautionary tale.
My 14-month-old son was a bit sick today and quite fussy. He wouldn't eat any food and just wanted to nurse all day. He clung to me while I tried to make dinner and it was just one of those days, you know?
I read the whole thread and then went and kissed my baby. I'm so grateful to have him in my life, and I'm so proud of the kind, inquisitive person that he is.
My heart breaks for the poor little boy in the original post, whose mother thinks he is a bad person because he is two and pedals his tricycle wrong.
I vow that when my son gets his first tricycle, he can pedal it fast or slow or backwards or wear the damn thing as a hat if he wants. I'm just here to be blessed by his smiles.post #106 of 1071/30/13 at 6:34pm
I agree with pretty much all of the posts here but thought I would just throw in - have you had his iron levels tested? maybe he is really fatigued and simply can't be as active as he would like. Also is he depressed, as others have suggested there seems like a lot of pressure in your home - maybe talk to your ped and see if you can come up with a plan.
I have the opposite problem with my dd 2.5 - I'm bone idle and she doens't stop - I had to join her in a Saturday soccer program so she can run around and give me a breakpost #107 of 1073/6/13 at 10:06am
This post made me very sad to read. You shouldn't be so hard on him. Different people like different things. I'm sad that you're embarrassed of him being himself. I'd work on your perception, rather than on where you think your child is "lacking" ... I agree with the other posters who say to figure out if he's nutritionally deficient. Good luck and I hope it works out!!!
- My son acts like a girl - help me please!
- Being Wrong is Right
- › Anyone crafting? 1 minute ago
- › Unclean blood draw 3 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 6 minutes ago
- › FTM with labor stall? TMI big time. 7 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 8 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 9 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 12 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 13 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 15 minutes ago
- › I Want A Night Off! 16 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo