I know there is an entire forum dedicated to this topic, but as I "know" you guys, I'd really love some feedback/opinions on this from you. I do NOT want to start a debate, I just want to know how you made this decision. I have researched vaccines to death and I just keep going around in circles. I am so torn. Everything else I do for/with this baby has been such an obvious decision, from cosleeping to cloth diapering to breastfeeding to babywearing... a little bit of research helped me make decisions relatively quickly and with confidence. Not so with the immunization issue.
KJ's 2-month appointment is coming up on Wednesday and I need to figure out what the heck I want to do. My gut says that I don't want to vaccinate her so early. But I am also petrified of her getting whooping cough, or Meningitis, or some awful disease that isn't totally rare (for example, I'm hardly afraid she'll get Polio). I love this baby so much I can hardly stand it, and the thought of doing anything that would bring her harm is unbearable.
I don't know what to do, or how to make this decision. Could you help me by letting me know:
-Did you decide to vax? Why/why not?
-If you decided NOT to vax, are you afraid of your child(ren) getting sick from vaccine-preventable diseases? How do you deal with that fear? What other preventative measures do you take?
I know this can be a contentious topic, so if you don't want to respond or contribute I totally understand.