My DS is coming up on 15 months and he will be getting his MMR vaccine then. This is the one that makes me nervous. So far, he only had his dtaps without any complications. Nothing else. He is following the 1983 schedule with a little bit of a delay. His first vaccine was at 6 months and then at 8 months, and then at 10 months. I am still breastfeeding him. What I am planning to do days before the vaccine is to give some cod liver oil and probiotics daily (I already give him probiotics daily through yogurt). Is there anything else I can do for him to lessen any complications that might come up? Suggestions are welcome!
Related Forum Threads
- Hereditary Spherocytosis and Vaccination Last post on Yesterday at 3:51 pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Vitamin A & MMR Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:40pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed Last post on 2/14/14 at 1:51pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- is there anything i should take to help son with vaccine? Last post on 2/7/14 at 8:22am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Not vaccinating till over 1 year old Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:07am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Vaccination BooklistLast edited: 6/27/11
- Selectively Vaccinating For International TravelLast edited: 6/27/11
- Vaccine Exemption Information for All 50 States In The USLast edited: 1/18/13
How do I prepare DS for MMR?post #1 of 31/8/12 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #2 of 31/8/12 at 8:06pm
Do you have to give him the MMR now? Can't you wait until he is ready to start kindergarten? The 1983 schedule called for the vaccine to be given at 15-18 months.
He is now at an age where neither measles, mumps, nor rubella are likely to be a major problem for him. However, those diseases do tend to be much more severe and dangerous for adults.
The children who are at risk for complications from measles are deficient in Vitamin A, and children who are at risk for vaccine reactions AND/OR compliacations from any virus are often vitamin D-deficient.
you might want to do a search on vitamin deficiency and immune system, or vitamin deficiency and vaccine reaction.post #3 of 31/10/12 at 6:37pm
The measles portion is more effective if given at 18 months or later.
If I were forced to give my child the MMR, I would give a megadose of vitamin A for 2 days beforehand. 400,000 IU each day. This would be from pure vitamin A, as getting it from cod liver oil would be too much oil, and too much vitamin D.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 2 minutes ago
- › Interesting article on Sushi... 4 minutes ago
- › Baby NAMES!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Confessions 12 minutes ago
- › Question about pumping 13 minutes ago
- › Gestational diabetes test 17 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 17 minutes ago
- › New Baby / New Mama First-Aid / Survival kit 19 minutes ago
- › does it help to have baby away from mom for a day or two 22 minutes ago
- › Potty Training my Toddler with 8 month old twins 23 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher