My DS is coming up on 15 months and he will be getting his MMR vaccine then. This is the one that makes me nervous. So far, he only had his dtaps without any complications. Nothing else. He is following the 1983 schedule with a little bit of a delay. His first vaccine was at 6 months and then at 8 months, and then at 10 months. I am still breastfeeding him. What I am planning to do days before the vaccine is to give some cod liver oil and probiotics daily (I already give him probiotics daily through yogurt). Is there anything else I can do for him to lessen any complications that might come up? Suggestions are welcome!
Related Forum Threads
- Stress reaction may help vaccines work better Last post on 5/20/13 at 12:56pm in Mindful Vaccination
- URGENT- Oregon bill to end religious exemption--- X-posted Last post on 5/22/13 at 5:23pm in Mindful Vaccination
- Six reasons not to be scared of vaccines Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:54pm in Mindful Vaccination
- MMR and Measles in South Wales Last post on 4/19/13 at 9:12am in Mindful Vaccination
- MMR experiences or measles only Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:36am in Mindful Vaccination
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Vaccination BooklistEdited on 6/27/11
- Selectively Vaccinating For International TravelEdited on 6/27/11
- Vaccine Exemption Information for All 50 States In The USEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
How do I prepare DS for MMR?post #1 of 31/8/12 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #2 of 31/8/12 at 8:06pm
Do you have to give him the MMR now? Can't you wait until he is ready to start kindergarten? The 1983 schedule called for the vaccine to be given at 15-18 months.
He is now at an age where neither measles, mumps, nor rubella are likely to be a major problem for him. However, those diseases do tend to be much more severe and dangerous for adults.
The children who are at risk for complications from measles are deficient in Vitamin A, and children who are at risk for vaccine reactions AND/OR compliacations from any virus are often vitamin D-deficient.
you might want to do a search on vitamin deficiency and immune system, or vitamin deficiency and vaccine reaction.post #3 of 31/10/12 at 6:37pm
The measles portion is more effective if given at 18 months or later.
If I were forced to give my child the MMR, I would give a megadose of vitamin A for 2 days beforehand. 400,000 IU each day. This would be from pure vitamin A, as getting it from cod liver oil would be too much oil, and too much vitamin D.
- How do I prepare DS for MMR?
- Vaccination Booklist
- › How are you feeling? 3 minutes ago
- › May TWW Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What to do about fatigue? 4 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 8 minutes ago
- › I'm out :( 10 minutes ago
- › Done with Vitex... 11 minutes ago
- › Holy pubic symphysis pain 12 minutes ago
- › My Twin HBAC... at 40 weeks, with 8 lb twins :) (Long) 13 minutes ago
- › Prepping CDs for the next baby? 13 minutes ago
- › the bf thread 15 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky