My DS is coming up on 15 months and he will be getting his MMR vaccine then. This is the one that makes me nervous. So far, he only had his dtaps without any complications. Nothing else. He is following the 1983 schedule with a little bit of a delay. His first vaccine was at 6 months and then at 8 months, and then at 10 months. I am still breastfeeding him. What I am planning to do days before the vaccine is to give some cod liver oil and probiotics daily (I already give him probiotics daily through yogurt). Is there anything else I can do for him to lessen any complications that might come up? Suggestions are welcome!
Related Forum Threads
- Working With Doctors Last post on 4/18/14 at 10:13pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Just starting vaccines Last post on 4/13/14 at 3:14pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Vaccinating foster children. Last post on 4/14/14 at 5:39pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Titer test for Hib and Pcv? Last post on 4/11/14 at 5:32pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Vaccines and Gut Health Last post on 3/26/14 at 3:16pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Vaccination BooklistLast edited: 6/27/11
- Selectively Vaccinating For International TravelLast edited: 6/27/11
- Vaccine Exemption Information for All 50 States In The USLast edited: 1/18/13
How do I prepare DS for MMR?post #1 of 31/8/12 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #2 of 31/8/12 at 8:06pm
Do you have to give him the MMR now? Can't you wait until he is ready to start kindergarten? The 1983 schedule called for the vaccine to be given at 15-18 months.
He is now at an age where neither measles, mumps, nor rubella are likely to be a major problem for him. However, those diseases do tend to be much more severe and dangerous for adults.
The children who are at risk for complications from measles are deficient in Vitamin A, and children who are at risk for vaccine reactions AND/OR compliacations from any virus are often vitamin D-deficient.
you might want to do a search on vitamin deficiency and immune system, or vitamin deficiency and vaccine reaction.post #3 of 31/10/12 at 6:37pm
The measles portion is more effective if given at 18 months or later.
If I were forced to give my child the MMR, I would give a megadose of vitamin A for 2 days beforehand. 400,000 IU each day. This would be from pure vitamin A, as getting it from cod liver oil would be too much oil, and too much vitamin D.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? 3 minutes ago
- › Sleepovers for teenagers of opposite sexes? 4 minutes ago
- › The May 2014 Due Date Club Baby Shower Giveaway! Sponsored by ciao!... 6 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 7 minutes ago
- › Music practice and pet care 7 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in April, May, June, July 10 minutes ago
- › Interested in trying out a new probiotic just for kids? This... 11 minutes ago
- › More Ontario mandatory vaxxes 16 minutes ago
- › May 2014 DDC Baby Shower Game Thread One 19 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness