Lost condom, done with babies, freaking out. I don't do well with birth control pills, and now I am super anxious about taking Plan B. Wondering what I can do afterward to put my system back in alignment. I haven't been on the pill in 10 years, I really hate introducing artificial hormones into my body.
- categoryFamily Planningtagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Waiting...again Last post on 3/13/14 at 2:48pm in Family Planning
- Barrier female contraceptives - non-hormonal Last post on 3/13/14 at 10:55am in Family Planning
- When can I expect my fertility back? Last post on 3/13/14 at 5:59pm in Family Planning
- Anyone else have problems with Paragard IUD!? Last post on Yesterday at 5:56 pm in Family Planning
- Best Age Gap Between Kids? Last post on 3/1/14 at 8:12am in Family Planning
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth ControlLast edited: 9/25/13
- Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...Last edited: 3/1/13
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?Last edited: 3/15/13
- Reasons To Choose Natural Family PlanningLast edited: 10/12/11
think I need to take Plan B- tell me it will be okpost #1 of 61/11/12 at 11:48pmThread Starterpost #2 of 61/12/12 at 5:35ampost #3 of 61/13/12 at 7:23ampost #4 of 61/14/12 at 1:58pm
I took it once ~ in a scenario that was relatively emotionally stress free (was with my fiance, we weren't married yet and not even living together, wanted to wait before starting family) ...but I found it fairly unpleasant, though short-lived. I felt really nauseaus and weirdly, extremely depressed for an entire evening. That was it. I didn't feel that I had to rebalance myself the next day, and I too am sensitive to bcp/hormones.
So, very unpleasant, very brief. Make sure you take it on a weekend or can take a day off. Don't pop it and go to work.
People who fear that if plan b is easy to obtain women will use it like birth control pills are nuts. It's a serious drag.
That said, I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if I had to. I'd just make sure I had a good book, a quiet room, and a sympathetic partner.
GL ... it's never easy.post #5 of 61/14/12 at 2:41pmpost #6 of 62/11/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
Seconding this advice. I took Plan B once, but I waited a number of hours before taking the first dose, and my darling energetic 2 year old DD is the result!
- IUDs: Benefits and Risks of Using Mirena or ParaGard for Birth Control
- › Debate This Quote 1 minute ago
- › Moderator for this forum? 5 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 7 minutes ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 15 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 18 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 19 minutes ago
- › Baby sleep habits. 21 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 22 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 28 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 35 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild