Danger- Big vent coming up!
Ever feel like a big wimp for not saying the things you really SHOULD say when people wrong you? I've had a lot of this lately, maybe due to the holidays? Maybe cause I'm tired of being a nice person? I don't know.
But you know what, I'm resolving now to say something back from now on. I'm not going to be rude or cruel but I'm not going to be sweet and kind anymore either. I'm going to look my offender in the eye and SAY SOMETHING.
Here's what I wish I had said over the past few weeks:
- You want me to pray that you don't get the cold your husband has so you won't miss work? Well dang, you told me I should have brought my 1 yo to Christmas dinner so he could play with his feverish, vomiting cousin. You said it would make his immune system stronger. I'll send good thoughts to you that you get this cold so your imune system can grow stronger! It's for the best!!
- Remember that ONE time when I vented to you about my exhaustion and lack of sleep with my little baby? And you said "Your DS is not sleeping through the night yet? My baby has been since she was 2 months old!". It's too bad your kid consistently doesn't sleep well anymore and that you complain about it to everyone all the time. Poor you.
- When am I going to stop breastfeeding my 16 mo? Why do you need to know? No really, why?
- You repeatedly tell me that I should circumcise my son? Well I think you should cut off your daughter's labia so she'll have a cleaner vulva. Also, maybe you should cut off her breasts too before you leave the hospital with her.
- You want us to drive 3 hours to a family lunch and then 3 hours home in one day? Opposite our very energetic son's nap schedule? And get him to sit quietly in a restaurant? Because his great-grandfather is very old and may not live much longer? You've been saying that for FOUR years. Please stop guilting us, we try to go but it is hard with an active LO
Eeek, that was pretty harsh when I reread them. Hopefully I've got it off my chest now and I'll stop brewing! Does anyone else have this problem? I've just been too meek lately I guess....