I have been away from my son maybe 10 hours altogether since he was born 20 months ago. We are close in that we sleep together, bathe together and whatever else you can do together. When I am away I am always thinking of him but I do enjoy my time with my husband but as long as we are not away for longer than 2 or 3 hours. The other day I was running an errand and for some reason my DH was at home with him. About 30 minutes into me leaving I started to cry a little because I missed him so much. I am so excited to be having another to dance, run, surf, learn well you know what I mean. My bambino is non verbal still so it will be doubly exciting when he starts speaking as I can see from other women's posts.
- brandParentingtagged by System, 1/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- What is the wackiest rule in your house? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:55am in Parenting
- Bad Mama Day Confessions: spill your guts! Last post on 10/31/13 at 1:39pm in Parenting
- Do your kids ever eat Happy Meals? Last post on 11/11/13 at 1:02pm in Parenting
- How much supervision is enough? Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:10am in Parenting
- Do you drink when your kids are awake? Last post on 11/18/13 at 12:04pm in Parenting
There Is Not Always a "Fix" For the Difficult Child
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Five Tips for Helping Tweens (Re)Discover Pleasure ReadingLast edited: 4/18/13
- Tell Another Mom (Dot) ComLast edited: 4/15/13
- The Benefits of Ignoring Children (Sometimes)Last edited: 4/2/13
- Being Wrong is RightLast edited: 3/20/13
do you 'miss' your children? - Page 2post #22 of 241/17/12 at 8:49pmpost #23 of 241/17/12 at 10:25pm
YES. Last school year was torture, DS started kindergarten, 5 days a week FULL TIME real school. I think a big part of my PPD was not going anywhere much with the others because I felt guilty leaving him out. He'd be sad when he heard the little ones talking. :(
This year, DS is 1st grade and DD is half-day preschool, afternoons and I miss her like crazy too. But I'm so happy sometimes to put her on that bus that separates her and the 3 yr old. They do NOT get along.
Then there's Mr. 3 and little baby. The longest Baby and I have ever been apart is 5 hours. The other kids went through the time this fall where Baby was in the hospital and I stayed with him. An entire month, then a 2 week break, then another 2 weeks. I had to block how much I missed them. :(post #24 of 241/18/12 at 11:21amThread Starter
gosh i can relate to all of you sooo much.
THIS!!! so totally me.
i have to share her. not a lot. i mean i wouldnt have it any different. her dad tries to be the best dad he can be and my dd loves him to death including all his faults. which IS my saving grace.
because there are moments when i am happy to have the me time. oh yes. i long for that.
but there are moments i miss her deeply. esp. if i am doing something dd would have liked. in fact there are some things i just cant go without dd. i mean she goes without me.
but for both of us it is such a hard place to be at times.
ugh that feeling of guilt. even dd has admitted to me that she had a great time, but she felt guilty for not spending time with me. i tell her its ok. i really dont mind. but she still feels guilty. that is exactly the way i am.
esp. because after school we "afterschool" together. whatever her interests are in at that moment, either the atom bomb, chemistry, knitting or cooking we have something to do together. i love that.
i tell you i am discovering all these hidden places in my heart. how could i love this person more. but as dd grows up and we have the conversations we do - i am just amazed by the way she thinks and feels.
- Five Tips for Helping Tweens (Re)Discover Pleasure Reading
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 13 seconds ago
- › What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? 1 minute ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 8 minutes ago
- › Homeschool schedule, breaks, etc? 14 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 14 minutes ago
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 22 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 29 minutes ago
- › Worst Christmas Gift thread 31 minutes ago
- › Diaper Cream Question 33 minutes ago
- › seeking negative attention is draining mom and dad 35 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh