or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map---
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map--- - Page 3

post #41 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
I have been thinking about this the last few days.  Does anyone want to share about ways you declutter other than the obvious physical decluttering of clearing closets, cleaning out drawers, purging "things"??


I'm no expert, by any means but what I do to declutter spiritually/emotionally is just tell myself to let go and be still about things for the month before the TM.  So many things that enter my mind when I am contemplating my emotions or spirituality get *obviously* so complicated and so I just go to the "om" - if you know what I mean.  

 

As for decluttering I am a woman on a mission with my office/artroom/creative space.  It's been a mess for over a year and it feels so good to cleanse it!  

 

ALSO, I did some serious DECLUTTERING of my online space!  That was also much needed - I feel so refreshed!

 

Can't wait to tackle the closests!  What would you call little, sneaky spirits that make mischief and live in there??  

 

post #42 of 162

Subbing for 2012! I'm early enough on this this year that I should be able to do some purging/clearing/decluttering before it's time.

post #43 of 162

treasure mapping: maybe this is why i haven't been able to manifest my new house. i need to treasure map it! i am still trying to just organize and declutter my life in preparation... also working hard at decluttering my brain and my old life habits and patterns..this past year i began working with an amazing councelor  and i feel like it has helped me So much. im really looking forward to this next year.. i have a lot of plans and inspiration! decluttering my body too. im have stopped eating all of the foods i know are bad for me..so wheat and grains, sugar and a bunch of other styff.. feeling So much better.

post #44 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Posttreasure mapping: maybe this is why i haven't been able to manifest my new house. i need to treasure map it! i am still trying to just organize and declutter my life in preparation... also working hard at decluttering my brain and my old life habits and patterns..this past year i began working with an amazing councelor  and i feel like it has helped me So much. im really looking forward to this next year.. i have a lot of plans and inspiration! decluttering my body too. im have stopped eating all of the foods i know are bad for me..so wheat and grains, sugar and a bunch of other styff.. feeling So much better.


 

I put this house I own now, on my first map, 4 years ago. Wham-bam-manifest! Now I can't seem to get rid of it...sigh...I put things about "our new apartment" on the past two maps, but nothing so far. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anything. I stopped putting things about THIS house on the map, in case for some reason it was anchoring me here. I am trying to think of what to put on this year's, in case the  house doesn't sell by then (I know, bite my tongue).

 

Decluttering...most of it has been done over the past year or two, in preparation for house-selling, so really, all I need to do is keep up the cleaning. Which I am bad at. But for me, the big declutter is done, really, and that is a LOT!

 

Here is the funny thing-- I have gotten more creative in the last couple weeks. I have artistic talent by nature, but I haven't cared about using it in 25 years. At all. I put creative spark on the first couple maps, but not lately...and here I am taking a drawing class all of a sudden, and I'm going to be making God Boxes for a couple people (and one for myself), and a rice sock for my honey, and I have no idea where this is coming from...but instead of decluttering (taking stuff away), I am adding (as in artwork)! What the heck is that about? and how do I get rid of that line I inserted below:


headscratch.gif

I also have mostly decluttered my body. I am Pagan with some Catholic leanings, and will be taking part in Lent this year as a spiritual exercise. NOT Mardi Gras, though, as I have, I think (hope!) that I have finally given up the need for excess in preparation for deprivation. I am going to TRY (ha) to "fast" from technology on Fridays as well as meat. I wonder if that counts as decluttering.... musing....

post #45 of 162

Subbing.

 

 

I'm starting to feel the shift towards TM time, the sort of deep one inside that says "Yeah, maybe I *am* going to be wanting things on the Aries new moon that are very different from what my priorities are in my life now." Right now, there is nothing I'd change about my current treasure map, and if I had to do a TM today, I'd probably just leave the old one up, much as it is. Though a couple of things still haven't manifested, a lot of things have, especially emotional ones, in bigger/deeper ways than I could have imagined. I've come a long way - in many ways, I am not the same person I was when I made that map.
 
My home is fairly well decluttered and I'm focusing on changing attitudes and releasing my preoccupation with issues around money and love and health that I really feel I need to release in order to make room for what is coming.
 
I've been looking up podcasts on manifesting and positive thinking and requesting all sorts of books and meditation cds from my library. Wayne Dyer has a new one about manifestation coming out in a couple of weeks called Wishes Fulfilled that I am really looking forward to. Nothing like the sun in Aquarius to get me searching like this!
 
I also like Carolyn Myss's books and cds along this line, speaking of Catholic leanings (which I also have). A technology fast is an awesome idea. I can really relate to using Lenten practice as preparation for TM time as well as Easter/Spring more generally.
 
Is anyone else feeling pulled
 
 
post #46 of 162

LOVE the idea of a technology fast!  BRILLIANT! thumbsup.gif

post #47 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

I was looking at my map the other day contemplating what had manifested, what had not and trying to look at possible manifestations in different ways.  From the middle of the map going towards the top I put a picture of a big ol' tree.  I had taken the tree from a magazine and it was split on to 2 pages - most of it on the left side and then some big branches were on the right.  Then it dawned on me...the tree in my back yard split this past summer in the same fashion!!  WILD!!!!!!!  



very cool! last year i drew my own pictures on my TM. this year i am thinking about splurging on some magazines. you all buy *new* magazines, right? during the allotted time -- march 22-24??

post #48 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Postvery cool! last year i drew my own pictures on my TM. this year i am thinking about splurging on some magazines. you all buy *new* magazines, right? during the allotted time -- march 22-24??


I buy new ones, for the newness of them, but just a couple for posterity lol.gif I go to the library and the food co-op where they have boxes of free ones, too, and I snarf them up as well. They are new to me,  after all. And I have a drawerful of saved ones that I haven't looked at yet (because I needed them for a collage project for ds, and we did go through them for that project, but I deliberately kept my eyes OFF of potential TM things winky.gif), which I may use as well.

post #49 of 162

I wouldn't have thought of decluttering my online space, but I need to, thanks.  And I too love the idea of a technology fast on fridays, during lent and possibly beyond.  And yes, thanks for mentioning lent on this thread; that resonates for me.  I was raised Catholic and do not consider it anymore, but my son does go to the catholic school I grew up in, and the other day I was looking at the church and thinking about a time in my teens when I went to mass every day during lent.  Not that I think I will do that again, but I am going to adopt your suggestion and observe lent this year, too.

 

So my DH doesn't make (or hasn't made) his own map, but he sure has a respect for mine!  He earned extra vacation time this year, and he has scheduled to take off I think 10 or 12 days starting week after next.  We are not planning to go anywhere, but rather, he plans to work around here, helping me to get the gardens and yard all cleaned, doing a few simple painting projects and repairs, and etc.  He is VIRGO (Sun and Rising and a couple other planets, too), and so he excels at cleaning and organizing and I am thrilled that he took this time off to help me impose extreme order in my house right at this time!

post #50 of 162

subbing.. thx for the reminder of this awesome thing, mamafern :)

post #51 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post



very cool! last year i drew my own pictures on my TM. this year i am thinking about splurging on some magazines. you all buy *new* magazines, right? during the allotted time -- march 22-24??

This year I've saved magazines throughout the year...free ones from lowes, my realestate company, baby talk, AAA, etc.  I might splurge but I'm such a tightwad when it comes to buying things for myself... haha. 

post #52 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

This year I've saved magazines throughout the year...free ones from lowes, my realestate company, baby talk, AAA, etc.  I might splurge but I'm such a tightwad when it comes to buying things for myself... haha. 



Just don't peek at them ahead! That's what I do. And I always buy at least ONE new one, just for the novelty of it, and I also get scrapbooking supplies at the craft stores, like glitter and things like that-- TM bling! One year I found sparkly stick-on jewels and that so added to my map that I keep doing it. Last year it was stick-on sparkly flowers!

 

Oh, and for the Pagans on the list-- I usually erect a circle around my entire property during TM time. Call the quarters and the whole nine yards. And leave the circle open until I'm done, then close it. This year I will be incorporating Catholic-type prayers into it, too.

post #53 of 162

I am getting a Lot of movement here at the end!

post #54 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post

I am getting a Lot of movement here at the end!



Yay! I am daring to hope I am, too. My ds has had SUCH behavioral problems, especially in school...I had put a photo of him on there with things like the word "balanced", and "he gets along well at home and at school", and though I had to threaten (he is VERY externally motivated) and took away his birthday for a week, he did get a Wii and that seems to be helping. He wants to play it every day and every day is dependent on his behavior-- and he's been exceptional. I would love for him to behave for its own sake, but one thing at a time. I can deal with this, this way, if it keeps up.

 

Now all I need is for this house to sell, and I am THERE thumb.gif

post #55 of 162

A few years back, we were tta and I put a pic of a pregnant belly on my map because i wanted to get back into birth work. guess what? I got pregnant. Last year I was VERY careful about pictures and warned my dh as well. He put a picture of a watch on his. He hates watches. It was supposed to represent more time with family. Guess what? he got a watch for christmas. :)

post #56 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post



Just don't peek at them ahead! That's what I do. And I always buy at least ONE new one, just for the novelty of it, and I also get scrapbooking supplies at the craft stores, like glitter and things like that-- TM bling! One year I found sparkly stick-on jewels and that so added to my map that I keep doing it. Last year it was stick-on sparkly flowers!

 

Oh, and for the Pagans on the list-- I usually erect a circle around my entire property during TM time. Call the quarters and the whole nine yards. And leave the circle open until I'm done, then close it. This year I will be incorporating Catholic-type prayers into it, too.



Maia, I've been SOOOOO good about not even taking ONE PEEK!  It has been hard!  I've been saving them since last year TM time!!!  Love the idea of TM bling, btw.  That I could splurge on!!

 

What do you erect your circle with? 

post #57 of 162
Thread Starter 

mystic...you make me laugh.

 

and I have always loved your photo.  

so sweet.

 

Glad to see you up on this thread.

 

hugs

 

post #58 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia, I've been SOOOOO good about not even taking ONE PEEK!  It has been hard!  I've been saving them since last year TM time!!!  Love the idea of TM bling, btw.  That I could splurge on!!

 

What do you erect your circle with? 


Hmmm...just usual. Casting circle, 4 candles in the quarters, I have tea lights that are colored so the appropriate ones in each quarter. Before I had those, I have Fiestaware differently colored plates and I used those to hold the regular white tea lights. I call the directions, east south west north, call center (Goddess and God), ask for protection and blessings on my endeavors, meditate for a bit, bless my materials en masse (the magazines, glue sticks, etc). Then blow the candles out and get to work! At the end, release the center and the quarters, thanks, maybe offerings. I don't know-- I probably do it different every year, but it is based on a traditional Wiccan circle casting.

 

The bling-- it just adds that last...well, punch! It makes a huge difference, to me.

 


 

post #59 of 162

Not sure if this is related or if anyone can help or put in their 2 cents of thoughts/suggestions

My husband, 3 year old daughter and I stay with my in laws (husband's parents).  They were in this house with my sis in law and Brother in law before I got married and moved in.  1 monnth after I moved in, my BIL and SIL moved out into their apartment (Which they had been planning and wanting for a long time). 

 

Now, I never really purified the place when I moved in.  I JUST moved in.  My relationship with SIL didn't start off very well anyway, and neither did it take off with BIL.

 

Anyway, long story short.  Is there anything I can do NOW to cleanse the rooms of their remaining energy. Over the last two years, I have done everything possible to transform the look of the two rooms we use (out of 3) to bring my touch. However, I say cleanse because, there still seems to be residual energy that hovers around, I don't know how to explain it.

 

I am told my SIL had a very bad last year with our in laws, and she and them had their share of relationship problems....etc

My MIL is a pack-rat, she loves holding on to EVERYTHING.  So it has been a struggle for me to replace her other son's stuff with this son's stuff (my husband)

 

The curtains in my daughter's room are the ones my SIL had put up, everything else has been replaced.

Anythign else I can do? Honestly, I just hope my relationship with them improves esp. for the sake of peace and my husband's feelings. 

 

Thanks :)

post #60 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post


Hmmm...just usual. Casting circle, 4 candles in the quarters, I have tea lights that are colored so the appropriate ones in each quarter. Before I had those, I have Fiestaware differently colored plates and I used those to hold the regular white tea lights. I call the directions, east south west north, call center (Goddess and God), ask for protection and blessings on my endeavors, meditate for a bit, bless my materials en masse (the magazines, glue sticks, etc). Then blow the candles out and get to work! At the end, release the center and the quarters, thanks, maybe offerings. I don't know-- I probably do it different every year, but it is based on a traditional Wiccan circle casting.

 

The bling-- it just adds that last...well, punch! It makes a huge difference, to me.

 


 

Sounds like the perfect ritual.  I don't know why, probably because I am such a newbie still, but the words "erecting a circle" made me envision that you literally built something around your house with, say, flowers or herbs or something.  
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map---